Ohio Riders Indy MotoGP

justin0469

We need 10 more tickets sold by June 24 or this isn't happening!

Indianapolis Motorspeedway MotoGP races

Aug 27 - Aug 29, 2010

Events:

Friday, Aug 27: Practice

Saturday, Aug 28: Qualifying

Sunday, Aug 29: Race day

Seating:

40 Seats in E section, covered (row N and M, all together front/behind each other rather than strung out all on one row), just like last year (http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=19839)

The 40 seats are reserved, but need at least 20 people to sign up or it's back to retail price and no extras.

Extras:

Lap around track if you bring bike and motorcycle parking are included but you have to let me know. The lap will be done either Aug 26 or Aug 30, so plan accordingly. They only have limited amounts of them so if you aren't going to use it, let it go so someone else can use it. You also get 10% off coupon, free souvenir and Ohio Riders up on the video board.

Hotel/Camping:

3 or 4 campsite are reserved, but the camp sites aren't assigned. If you want to be next to someone, arrive at the same time.

10 rooms are reserved at the Sheraton City Center. (317) 635-2000

Parking:

10 parking passes for the event in the closest lot to our seats are available. $40 for 3 days. As it gets closer, we will organize carpools and everyone in each carpool will split it. Indy might be running buses so we may not need parking passes at all.

Parking with trailers is allowed at hotel at no extra cost. There will be a roped off section for motorcycles at the hotel. Technically, you'll need to pay for that parking just like a car but wait until we get there as this might be able to be avoided.

Costs:

$95 per ticket + $5 for postage per order if needed. I can just give you your tickets once we get there unless you NEED me to mail them to you. If paying with PayPal, add $3.15 for fees.

$50 per campsite

$139 per night + taxes at Sheraton City Center + $23/day for parking at hotel. Check in on Friday and check out on Sunday morning before the race (2 days/nights)

$40 per car for event parking. More if you are taking a trailer.

Pay by June 25th. Paypal justin.hanke@gmail.com with username, number of tickets, if you want a lap or not. Pay hotel directly for room + parking passes (317) 635-2000 Call them to pay AFTER you tell me you want to be added to the list, they won't just let anyone call and say they are with Ohio Riders.

Reply or PM to have your name added. Let me know your sleeping arrangements, if you need trailer pass and if you want the lap w/ motorcycle and motorcycle parking or not.

Tickets:

1. justin0469 (1x motorcycle parking from 1000rrRider's trailer)

2. juliejuliejulie (1x motorcycle parking from 1000rrRider's trailer)

3. mhallam85 (1x motorcycle parking from 1000rrRider's trailer maybe)

4. Cheech (PAID)

5. warpspeed

6. warpspeed

7. 1000rrRider (1x motorcycle parking)

8. 1000rrRider

9. oldblue (1x motorcycle parking)

10. Benyen Soljax (1x motorcycle parking)

Sheraton:

1. justin0469 (2 ppl)

2. Cheech (+ mhallam85)

3. warpspeed (2 ppl, 1 night, Fri)

4. 1000rrRider (2 ppl)

5. bucksbandit (1 person)

6. Benyen Soljax (1 person)

7. cmh_sprint (2 ppl)

8. Pedro

Misc:

There's another group buy going on as mentioned below in Zach's reply (http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=55724) from SVrider, but tickets are more expensive ($130)

Edited by justin0469

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be a group event this year? I want to buy tickets and camp but I'd rather do it with the group if it's happening. Group pricing and seating/camping would be nice.

Good question. I don't have time to deal with it this year. Nobody's been interested in stepping up to the plate to organize it. If you're up for the task, I can send you the contact info for groups sales at IMS.

justin, casper

I've got a buddy in town that has organized an Indy group ticket package for the last two years on a different forum. If you guys are interested, I could get the info and bring it over here. He's an ohio guy, but isn't a member here.

Good question. I don't have time to deal with it this year. Nobody's been interested in stepping up to the plate to organize it. If you're up for the task, I can send you the contact info for groups sales at IMS.

I'd be up for it if I knew if people were interested. Post up if you want to get in on it.

The event is Aug 27 - 29th.

Aug 27 - Practice Day

Aug 28 - Qualification Day

Aug 29 - Race Day

Tickets can be per day or for all three days, but group tickets will all the same, whichever we decide. There is motorcycle and car parking w/ camping available. I don't know how it all works as a group but Casper or someone else can chime in.

justin, casper

I've got a buddy in town that has organized an Indy group ticket package for the last two years on a different forum. If you guys are interested, I could get the info and bring it over here. He's an ohio guy, but isn't a member here.

sweet, post prices w/ camping

justin, casper

Get him on here. What forums does he organize the group buys for? Would he be okay with Ohio Riders joining in on his group buy? I just don't have time this year with the whole Roll On Columbus thing.

Get him on here. What forums does he organize the group buys for? Would he be okay with Ohio Riders joining in on his group buy? I just don't have time this year with the whole Roll On Columbus thing.

He does the buy for SVrider. I'll copy and paste the info here (or should I start a new thread?)

I can be the liaison as I'm online more than he is and I should have most of the answers.

Justin...you sure you want to camp? You're gonna be pretty far away from all the excitement downtown. Just a thought. Cab rides can be pretty expensive if you do decide to go down. I'm hopefully staying downtown again last year with Ray. Can't wait!
+1 on what the crazy lady said, too far from the downtown night life and stunt shows and WTF moments. Plus I like beds, hot showers and room service.

I've never been and I don't know what's what. I'm just going off of recommendations. :dunno: IMS doesn't offer any discounts on camping so we might be just as well getting a hotel, it's just whatever the majority wants. I assumed there would be tail gating all night long at the campgrounds but I've never been.

Can anyone recommend a hotel? I think I saw a thread about some hotels for IMS but i can't find it

I stayed in the Westin last year. The room was average but I paid $109 a night plus $30 a day for parking. My hotel was 2 blocks from everything and I walked back to the hotel by myself at 2am and didn't feel scared at all. Carrie and Ben stayed i a hotel on meridian I believe but I think there rate was $185 plus parking (i think...i'd ask them tho). hampton inn???? Don't remember. Either way any hotel close to meridian will get you close to the festivities and keep you from getting a DUI or paying a bunch of cash for cabs. Just a thought. :)

Pm Earache for the hotel info, he lives there and his wife works in the hotel industry you'll get your best info from him. He may be able to get a sweet deal set up as well thru his wife.

B/C of my american express card getting me points i'm kinda stuck using the westin. This year it should be about free.