Ohio Riders Indy MotoGP

justin0469

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just based on location, the Westin would be my last choice as it's the furthest away from everything...

IndyHotels.jpg

The Sheraton is in the middle of it all. Another choice would be the Hampton Inn as it's right in the middle of it all as well. Ditto with The Canterbury Hotel.

Hampton Inn

105 South Meridian Street

317 / 261-1200

The Canterbury Hotel

123 South Illinois Street

317 / 634-3000

Edited by Earache

I say we listen to experince and go with Eric's suggestion of the Sheraton.

I'm not making up anyone's mind for them or suggesting anything - just pointing out locations of where stuff is.

If ya want cheap rooms, then moving out of the downtown area into cheaper suburbs would be the thing to do.

Ok that sounds cool. Other ppl mentioned the Westin so I thought I would give it a try. Cheech, go ahead and do your thing, you don't have to wait on us. Sounds like we are going with Sheraton.

So we're not trying for the collective room rate at the Sheraton? I can use points at Sheraton the same (actually better) as the Westin. I'm good either way.

Sheraton had a group deal Cheech.

So in order to be part of the group, I have to pay with cash and not points? What's the group name? If I give them a call when I'm ready to book (it's going to take a few days to do the points dance, I have to convert AMEX to Starwood points) and announce I'm with OR, it might make booking the group together a little easier.

So we're not trying for the collective room rate at the Sheraton? I can use points at Sheraton the same (actually better) as the Westin. I'm good either way.

sounds like more ppl want the Sheraton. Same price, better location. Price is a hookup from Earache's wife.

So in order to be part of the group, I have to pay with cash and not points? What's the group name? If I give them a call when I'm ready to book (it's going to take a few days to do the points dance, I have to convert AMEX to Starwood points) and announce I'm with OR, it might make booking the group together a little easier.

I'll call tomorrow to set it up. I'll let you know how it works but I'm sure we can each pay for our own so your payment method is up to you.

I'll call tomorrow to set it up. I'll let you know how it works but I'm sure we can each pay for our own so your payment method is up to you.

Got it. Won't need the Earache hookup since I'm sure I have points locked up. It'll take me about a week to make sure I have the transfer done.

From the time I lived in Indy I would highly suggest the Sheraton over the Westin.

I need to figure a few things out before I can fully commit but really want to be in for this. If things pan out I'll probably be able to trailer a couple bikes down and keep my truck and trailer at a friends house or the place I used to live but its on the complete opposite side of town.

I would elect to stay in the hotel with everyone and also wouldn't mind splitting 2 double bed room with someone. I like to party so staying downtown would be a good 2nd choice of area in Indy

Edited by Bad324