Ride Mandates&Rules for Group rides this year!

flounder

"120 mph in the straights" - great. I hope you 'lose' me. That doesn't sound like anything I need to be associated with.

But that's just shifting into 3rd almost. :confused: They, well the big bikes, get there so quick that you can hit 120+ and come back down so fast that it doesn't even look like you did it. ;)

You can't even feel like you're riding until past the triple digits on the big bikes.

Hell, my ol' man transported (see: rode) my brother's Hayabusa to the racetrack and said he looked down and didn't even realize he was doing that kind of speed because of how docile and unencumbered those bikes feel, even at those speeds. Granted, my dad normally pilots a Buell... so I'm sure anything less than being shaken like a paint mixer felt nice to him.

:rulez: Save it for the track though and wear the proper gear.

That's my *Do as I say and not as I do* speech for the day.

Just keeping up with traffic my bike reads around 105-110mph.... I think I should have my bike checked....

Yeah, sounds like you changed your gearing.

Although I merged on freeway once, and that's how fast the traffic was.

Bullshit... what you do is come hauling ass by me on the straights and damn near clip me each time out of the keyhole. If you do it again this year that will make 3 yrs in a row we've had the same exact "o-shit" moment at the same exact spot on the track.

Cant wait... fun fun. :)

Prick.... oh yeah and the marked up tires will be on the street bike very very soon. :)

Correction... It wasn't a "we've had the same moment"... It was YOU had an oh shit moment. I planned it that way. :D

But that's just shifting into 3rd almost. :confused: They, well the big bikes, get there so quick that you can hit 120+ and come back down so fast that it doesn't even look like you did it. ;)

fact... triple digits can be had in 2nd gear on my xx... sometimes I don't even realize...

Yeah, sounds like you changed your gearing.

Although I merged on freeway once, and that's how fast the traffic was.

465 around Indy is like that. I have to go 80-90mph while traveling through in my car to keep with traffic. It's like I merge into a INDY500 race everytime I go around that city. It's insane around that city!

465 around Indy is like that. I have to go 80-90mph while traveling through in my car to keep with traffic. It's like I merge into a INDY500 race everytime I go around that city. It's insane around that city!

haha damn do I miss 465....was on it for about 15miles to get to my old job and pretty sure it took about 7 minutes to get my exit and I was still getting passed!

:lol: I've always wondered if that's why it's like that.

Dude, I've passed a cop sitting while I was doing 85 and he didn't bother. I think they actually only bust 100+ drivers probably..lol

I about shit my pants when I did the same, probably flew past him around 90ish when I first bought my G35 and the guy didn't even blink. Had the radar gun pointed right at me.

Now they have unmarked Mustangs cracking down on things though

Nope. I've ridden a couple. Too much motorcycle for my liking. Nice bikes' date=' but overkill for a street bike.[/quote']

No way.

I don't get why with cars skys the limit, but some people that are afraid of power on 2 wheels claim different on bikes. Oh well. :(

No way.

I don't get why with cars skys the limit, but some people that are afraid of power on 2 wheels claim different on bikes. Oh well. :(

After riding a 1098, I'd almost have to agree with IP. Almost.

The 1098 has a really short wheelbase, enough torque to pull tree stumps (read: 95 ft-lb), and the top end rush of the big bores. It really is a handful on the street. Even in 3rd gear, that bike was trying to lift the wheel and toss my ass off at the same time. Was it amazing? Yes, but it's definitely a handful. I've never ridden a 14, but I'd think it would be a way more controllable surge of power given the extra weight and longer wheelbase of said bike.

That being said, I'd still own one in a heartbeat. :D

This thread is full of fail, AIDS, and a bunch of crying bitches. Seems that the most crying comes from pthe ones that are least likely to show up on group rides anyway.

and you don't think threads like this have something to do with that?:rolleyes:

:confused: I ride behind people all the time and they do some stupid shit but they have never caused me to wreck.

^^^me. sorry :p

:D

Popsicles!? I'm more worried about who's bringing the zipties now that Punk isn't riding his Freightliner-made ZX6R

I would be worried about that but I have officially replaced all of the zipties that I borrowed from UP with REAL BOLTS and stuff. :) oh, except for the one holding the fairing on... that one's still there... thanks again ;)

I like the 40 bike Kershocton rides. :popcorn:

me too... my first group ride was a kershocton ride on the kawi... whew, learned a lot that day :) They take care of their noobs... I was last with the exception of my babysitter behind me :D :D :D