Ride Mandates&Rules for Group rides this year!

flounder

It's not about being afraid. It's about not being necessary. I didn't say you shouldn't own one' date=' Nick. Ride whatever flips your switch. [/quote']

Oh I agree with that on MANY things man. Lots of things we want or have we don't NEED. Like your homemade brew, that isn't necessary because you can buy beer. :lol: You do it because you like doing it and you can. The power of anything bigger than a 750 is more for brute acceleration than corners. You don't need the extra power for that, you need it for the OH SHIT factor coming out of the corner, which I happen to LOOOOVE. :woo:;)

Ridden with a large group a few times.

Not my thing.

I ride with three trusted friends on long weekend rides.

Riding with a bunch of people of unknown skill, on unknown quality bikes, and unknown mentality.

Btw, I enjoy the monday morning ride crash reports. What is the record for most crashes on a single ride.....Was it 6?????

Just the way I want to spend my recreation time, waiting on an ambulance and tow truck for hopefully someone else's wreck.

I literally had to buy a new one because I ruined the first copy. :bukkake:
ur so sweet.

Not my thing.

Riding with a bunch of people of unknown skill, on unknown quality bikes, and unknown mentality.

Btw, I enjoy the monday morning ride crash reports. What is the record for most crashes on a single ride.....Was it 6?????

Just the way I want to spend my recreation time, waiting on an ambulance and tow truck for hopefully someone else's wreck.

for OR or for coshocton?

Not my thing.

I take it you're not into meeting new people, seeing new roads you didnt know about and camaraderie. And we rarely wait on an ambulance and tow truck. Usually we band together and get the bike up and going and help the rider walk it off then hit the road again.

Well, I have been street riding for 30 some years, Ridden most if not all of the asphalt roads in southern ohio and west virginia.

I have a pretty tight group of friends. To me the quality of friend is more important that quantity. I would rather have 5 really close friends that 20 acquaintances.

While I am entertained by the party pictures posted, of the drunken silliness. I would rather throw some pork on the smoker, have some bourbon and cigars for an evening of good food, drink and conversation.

Edited by Lost
premature posting

Ok so here's the deal. I already see all the threads popping up about cornering, tires, suspension, spirited rides, how do I xxxxx, etc and I have to vent about a few things before the season starts. And yes these are in order!!!!

1. GROUP RODE RIDES ARE NOT THE PLACE TO HAVE A D1CK MEASURING CONTEST TO SEE WHO THE FASTER RIDER IS!!!

2. Less experienced riders need to be in the front or else they always try and play keep up and end up crashing, or rear ending people in front of them. (Get this through your phucking heads people. Im sick of everyone always putting the less experienced people in the back on the group rides.)

3. Asking for riding tips on here is ok but remember, there are allot of opinions and opinions are like assholes and they all stink. What works for someone with more experience wont exactly work for you. Best advice you will get is to read "Twist of the Wrist" cover to cover 3times and practice those techniques on your day to day rides.

4. The track is the only place where you can truly and safely learn to ride controlled and fast and the $170 you spend on the track day will get you more experience then the $500 you spend in gas riding through the country roads trying to showoff to your friends.

5. If you crash your bike being a dumbass doing 1 of the above and ask me to haul your balled up pos bike in the bed of my truck since you have a ford festiva, I think im gonna charge people this year... Same thing for helping you rebuild...

And last but not least and actually probably the most important thus 1.1 is:

#1.1 If you are being a dumbass and you crash me, someone I care about, or a friend of mine, Your bike and your crash injury's will fail in comparison to what I do to you..

The season is upon us people and we have enough problems with cages not seeing us.. Be smart and safe this year.

1. I agree.

2. I do not agree. new riders need to be told they shouldn't keep up like that, I do not want to fucking poke around behind some newbie. I came to fucking ride. not pussy foot around. (of course the rides I go on are not the typical poker run ride.

3. not really but take them with a grain of salt.

4. kind of agree. but to a point. these two worlds can actually help you improve both on track and off the track. I find riding on the street is actually more mentally challenging. thus improving my reactions because of the many many obstacles.

5. wow, you need mental counseling.:D