I just did my taxes and I am SO disgusted!!

ShankroidBeast

:rant:

That's it!!!! Seeing the government cut this year in just numbers (oh and what kind of bike THAT could have bought me...turbo hayabusa for sure) was unbelievable. My HARD earned money spent on people that take handouts when I have never taken a handout in my friggin' life (and believe me in my younger years I ate Romain noodles to live at times) makes me sick. I'm joining the frigging' Tea Party and killing a deer or two. That reminds me I need to buy some GUNS!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh, you drew the attention of the token board user labeled as a 'liberal'....

I just wanted to point out that peoples withholding amounts were slightly reduced (Remember the big fuss about everyone getting Obama's extra $10-$17/paycheck :rolleyes:)... so you might not be getting as big a refund anymore. If that's what happens to be causing you ire.

But for people earning less than $250k - your total tax obligations should be reduced from 2008 levels. Though to be honest, I haven't even bothered comparing my 2008 W2 and 2009 W2s yet.

Because I mentioned it.. I just compared my 2k8 and 2k9 taxes:

The effective tax rates are within 0.8% of each other (which includes a tuition deduction in 2008 that I didn't get in 2009),

My AGI for 2009 was slightly less than 4% higher than in 2008

Withholdings were lower in 2009 than 2008

Refund was smaller in 2009 than 2008

(Correlates with the withholdings)

So my taxes actually went down if I was able to do apples/apples. The tuition credit I got in 2008 really helped my 2008 refund.

Edited by JRMMiii

Personally I put little weight in how much is taken from my check. Your total tax contribution should include taxes at the pump, at the store, on the internet, from your phone bill, utilities, cable, satellite, reductions in social security as well as changes in age you can collect it, property taxes etc.

The government is simply playing a shell game when they say people under $250K will not see increases in taxes.

My biggest gripe is the growing population of people not paying ANY taxes while those that do shoulder the burden. I have first hand experience with both friends and family that I regret to say contribute to that burden.

I get so disgusted when I see government handout to people with flat screen T.V's , pools, relatively new SUV's etc. If you can afford to buy these items on your income then why are you getting assistance???

Why should I pay for other people to have babies while keeping my family at a minimum?

Oh well... that's what voting is all about and I will admit I have NEVER voted. Yep.. never availed myself of that given right. However, I have registered and this is the first year I have been "pissed" enough and plan on voting out some deadbeat politicians. So no one is to blame but me.. and I plan on changing that!!!!

My biggest gripe is the growing population of people not paying ANY taxes while those that do shoulder the burden. I have first hand experience with both friends and family that I regret to say contribute to that burden.

I'm not so worried about the dirt poor people that are freeloading as much as I am the super-ultra-rich that pay no taxes because of the tax shelters they've been afforded by certain political parties.

The dirt poor people can only live so good before they reach a ceiling.

Personally I put little weight in how much is taken from my check. Your total tax contribution should include taxes at the pump, at the store, on the internet, from your phone bill, utilities, cable, satellite, reductions in social security as well as changes in age you can collect it, property taxes etc.

The government is simply playing a shell game when they say people under $250K will not see increases in taxes.

I get so disgusted when I see government handout to people with flat screen T.V's , pools, relatively new SUV's etc. If you can afford to buy these items on your income then why are you getting assistance???

Why should I pay for other people to have babies while keeping my family at a minimum?

Oh well... that's what voting is all about and I will admit I have NEVER voted. Yep.. never availed myself of that given right. However, I have registered and this is the first year I have been "pissed" enough and plan on voting out some deadbeat politicians. So no one is to blame but me.. and I plan on changing that!!!!

U are absolutely right about voting out the deadbeats but the bad thing is there will only be new deadbeats in their place...And the welfare people do have better and nicer things. I say if you are really trying then how can I help you, but if you want to lay around smoke weed and do what ever you deserve no help. Just my 2 cents..

Ya know, just something I noticed throughout my childhood, comparing my immediate family with select other parts of my family:

My mom raised my sister and I, working a full-time job that didn't pay enough to make it, and got assitance in the form of food stamps. We had very little extra. We didn't have the video games (we played that stuff at our friends' houses) name brand clothing (nope, no Levi's, even) no cable TV, etc... Things were tough.

Then I had some family members that did not work, collected a welfare check, always had LOT's of money (buying and selling cars was a big thing for some of them and some made really big money for the times) all the movie channels on cable, kids had everything they wanted, etc....

Yeah, life is fair for those that work hard..... I wish my mom was still around to see that I'm trying to live a better life than the rest of our family.

I'm not really in this population, but my complaint is how long they're taking to process refunds. Between education credit, and my buying my first house this year, my tax refund is gonna be nice. For some reason, the IRS told me yesterday when I called to check the status, that those refunds can take "up to 4 months, maybe more" to process. I just don't understand how they can take THAT long for what basically amounts to an extra form being submitted, along with closing docs. I don't have plans for the money, but I think it's a little ridiculous that they can take their sweet time with it.

I'm not really in this population, but my complaint is how long they're taking to process refunds. Between education credit, and my buying my first house this year, my tax refund is gonna be nice. For some reason, the IRS told me yesterday when I called to check the status, that those refunds can take "up to 4 months, maybe more" to process. I just don't understand how they can take THAT long for what basically amounts to an extra form being submitted, along with closing docs. I don't have plans for the money, but I think it's a little ridiculous that they can take their sweet time with it.

I don't think it is that it takes that long to process it...I think it takes that long for them to find the money!!! Ouch...all those homebuyers this year...us included...a lot of checks they have to write...

I paid just over 10k in Federal taxes ALONE this year. It's mostly my fault. Cashed in an IRA. Paid 20% in taxes and a 10% penalty fee, but I had no choice I needed the money.

I just got upset because I look at all the money I paid and then look at all the stupid government waste and spending and people who live on handouts. Example: I was fixing a server in a lower income family clinic once. A 16 year old girl was in there with her TWO kids. The nurse looked disgusted and said the reason she was in there was because she was pregnant AGAIN. Who do you think is going to be paying for those kids? You and me.

I'm all for mandatory tube cutting if you have 2 kids and can't financially support them. To keep just having more and more is pure stupidity. If I was the leader I'd try to pass that the only thing the gov't will pay for now is the mandatory tube cutting.