Christian SportBike Association Ride #2 for 2010

PhilS

I spoke with Brian today and I have agreed to include our ride as the ride for the benefit ride. I am thinking we could possibly put together 2 rides for the same day. One shorter ride for those that do not want to put the miles in and the other long one which was Brian's favorite ride last year before he was injured. I will be researching routes over the next few days to see what we can come up with.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we plan it as we did that large ride last year. Slow group and a fast group, fast group taking the twisty route slow group taking calm scenic route both to the same lunch stop. Then one group can head back and the group that wants a long ride can continue on?

I am not sure if all of you are aware of what Brian is attempting to do but after speaking to him today I was so inspired. This is a link to the kit he is putting on his bike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4Qn6ugQEw

I am so impressed with Brian's desire to get back out there on the bike. It is going to be awesome to see him riding in our group some time soon.

Since we are going to combine our ride with Brian's benefit ride we are going to push back the long ride until August. We have already scheduled a different event for July (more details to come). We are working on the route and should have it posted soon. It will probably be no more than 150 miles but we will try to include some good roads anyway.

I hope all of you can make it out to support Brian and help him raise the funds needed to get him back on the bike. This will be an awesome sight to see him out riding again.

Since we are going to combine our ride with Brian's benefit ride we are going to push back the long ride until August. We have already scheduled a different event for July (more details to come). We are working on the route and should have it posted soon. It will probably be no more than 150 miles but we will try to include some good roads anyway.

I hope all of you can make it out to support Brian and help him raise the funds needed to get him back on the bike. This will be an awesome sight to see him out riding again.

Sounds great! It's still the 19th right? Will there be a separate thread?

This is the route I have come up with. It should work for everyone. The first third of it will be fairly straight, second third will be sweet and the last will be a relaxing cool down.

Brian is going to be putting some advertising together. It would be great if we could have a huge group of riders. If you all could tell everyone you know about the ride so we raise some funds for the cause.

All types of bikes are welcome, none will be left behind. We will probably split into multiple groups but just to keep the numbers down, not because fast or slow.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/47079

I'm lookin' at it. Danville hook up point for me (maybe) - see whot happens closer to time. I'll check in. There are a bunch of us that meet at Danville for our lil' outings...I'll pass info along! Thanks for your work setting these up!