Did I Hear Right?

ProudPops

I've seen videos of him riding Stoner's bike just to check it out but that was supposedly it. Like Hopkins has done as well, the MotoGP bike/F1 ride trade opportunity.

They're both German, but that rumor sounds kinda far-fetched to me. Where did you see it?

BMW is NOT campaigning a MotoGP effort. They will be doing WSBK in 2010. According to Alan Cathcart who has seen the bike, sat on it, etc. stated on MotoGP's Podcast that BMW has been developing an in-line sport bike for WSBK competition. All the spy shots and comments about MotoGP are false. They were the WSBK spec machine in development.

Schumaker isn't fast enough. Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but 5 seconds off the lap record is a stretched story. It was "unofficial" and from Ducati who is in TIGHT with Ferrari. Michael is going to be helping Ferrari in development testing. He's certainly a good rider, but he's not race capable.

5 seconds off and guys like Spies were 2 seconds off. So, Schumaker is only 3 seconds slower than Ben Spies? Don't think so...

However, if he was 5 seconds slower, he'd have been lapped twice in the race. That's never happened - even to the slowest rider on the grid... That's almost 3 minutes behind at the end...

However, it also can be said that 1 second at the MotoGP level is an eternity. Plus, Ben was riding a bike he's never ridden before on a track he's never ridden before and on tires he's never ridden on. He wasn't "pushing" according to those there and I think the coolest comment I have heard so far was when someone asked him if he saw Michael Schumaker. His response? "No, but I passed him"... Cool...