ive given up for the time being. i just want to ride.

redrocket04

I've reached the point where I just want a running, rideable bike. I now have a non functioning throttle, and rather than try to fix it, I'm just gonna have iron pony do it. They can't come get it until Tuesday, though. If anybody who is already planning to go there tomorrow, and lives in the Dublin area, AND has a trailer is willing to come pick up and deliver my garage ornament to them, or Honda/yamaha northwest, so I can get it back a day sooner, I'll say thank you with 6 delicious Yuengling.

Not a huge deal, but thought I'd throw it out there.

i would double check they gave you the right cable. We went through this a month ago with my buddies old bike. They swore it was the right cable twice and twice they gave us the wrong one.

Finally I convinced him to try an actual yamaha dealer and they were able to order the right one and 5 days later we installed it in about 10 mins working perfectly

I've reached the point where I just want a running, rideable bike. I now have a non functioning throttle, and rather than try to fix it, I'm just gonna have iron pony do it. They can't come get it until Tuesday, though. If anybody who is already planning to go there tomorrow, and lives in the Dublin area, AND has a trailer is willing to come pick up and deliver my garage ornament to them, or Honda/yamaha northwest, so I can get it back a day sooner, I'll say thank you with 6 delicious Yuengling.

Not a huge deal, but thought I'd throw it out there.

dude I gotta pick it up anyway... so you want me to do it tomorrow?

Red just call me in the morn and I can come over and fix it for you. It's most likely just a return cable routing issue. He'll you don't even need the return so if it is you can just take it off. If you want you can call tonight and I can help you out.

What happened to Cheech or whoever that was that was cumin' over the other night to help you get this thing fixed??

I came, I saw, I scratched my head. I was able to get his brakes hooked up and bled, but I've never dealt with a throttle cable like that before. I'm either thinking it's not the correct one for the bike or it needs to be oiled in a bad way.

Sure, I'm on the schedule for Tuesday pickup but if you can get it tomorrow, it'd be great.

are we still picking it up or are you having someone do it for ya ? need to know before I leave my house on my day off...:wink:

I came, I saw, I scratched my head. I was able to get his brakes hooked up and bled, but I've never dealt with a throttle cable like that before. I'm either thinking it's not the correct one for the bike or it needs to be oiled in a bad way.

:lol: