Watch you azz noise wise in Beavercreek

mello dude

ugh Beavercreek can shove it. Is seems it is just about bikes, not about diesel trucks or 4 bangers with unnecessary crappy exhaust. I think I might just go there tomorrow and unnecessarily rev the engine. I dispise laws that weren't thought out, knee jerk reactions.

I've heard some very loud sportbikes, bouncing off the rev limiter. Hats.

Followed two Hardleys last night. Both had temp tags, a Road King with REALLY loud pipes, and his girlfriend was on an FXDLRHWAFD-something. He had to blip the engine multiple times at every stoplight, and once we were up to speed and cruising near the posted 45, he had to "accelerate" from 45 to 55. Only took him 8 seconds!! or so each time, but was accompanied by so much damn racket you would have thought he was doing 110+mph.

My 6,000 lb 3/4 ton 4x4 with a lawn tractor in the bed kept up easily, and made lots less noise doing it (even with an AeroTurbine "muffler")... :lol:

**edit: Rock and roll ain't noise pollution... Just sayin'.

i think most of the dayton group can vouch for how loud my bike is and no body has ever said shit to me. And most of my cars are just as loud. and yes quaker steak is fairborn. that whole section of col glenn is tricky as to what city it is.

The old fashioned way was to stick the night stick up the pipe. If it fit you got the ticket. Although I got one for TT scrambler straight pipes up each side of the bike with BSA baffles hammered into the ends. It wasn't any louder than a lawnmower, but it collected a ticket anyway. It's like a jaywalking ticket, almost no defense possible. I got another one with stock header that had the end cut out of the can. Looked really nice, but visible modification to a can will get the same ticket. (Or in California, anything other than unmodified stock exhaust for both cars and bikes.) And oh yeah, it was the same suburb of Columbus for both tickets. I didn't care either time, mostly because I had talked my way out of moving violations with points. I gladly took the noise violations without points.

A while back Delaware had a big push for noise ordinances. Came out with a decibel standard that was so low a hair dryer was over the limit. After a while they stopped caring and no one really enforces it anymore. Mostly its used as a reason to pull u over like a burnt out license plate light.

Yeah, I saw this on the news last night and got soooo irritated that I called a friend (xtremef4i). What a STUPID fucking law! I decided last night that I'm never riding in that town again. They get no money from me.

were you on "who wants to be a millionaire" nick?

i think most of the dayton group can vouch for how loud my bike is and no body has ever said shit to me. And most of my cars are just as loud. and yes quaker steak is fairborn. that whole section of col glenn is tricky as to what city it is.

it looks like a big zig zag, every 100 ft or so it seems switches between the two...

also i've talked to a few creek cop friends i've made over the years of high school and after, sounds to me that the general consensus around the dept is the "obnoxious" factor, not so much a baffle or decibels. if you're bouncing off the limiter or playing music loud enough for the car two lanes over and 5 cars back to hear the bass then its too loud. i'm going to stop by the dept next time i ride home and see what they say about my bike.

ugh Beavercreek can shove it. Is seems it is just about bikes, not about diesel trucks or 4 bangers with unnecessary crappy exhaust. I think I might just go there tomorrow and unnecessarily rev the engine. I dispise laws that weren't thought out, knee jerk reactions.

andy,buddy... your bike is so quiet the fan on my laptop is louder...:p