new daily! (yes, again lol)

Steve Butters

01 f250

auto

4x4

first off, i love this thing. completely different ride than the truck im used to lol.

its not perfect, but im very happy that its in my driveway!

truck is all stock minus a muffler delete, boost gauge, and an intake...and a lot of tint

needs a few things:

- seat cover, the seat has a tear in it

- new radio (stock radio sucks)

- bed liner...its got sprayed on stuff outta a can and looks like chit

- and i need to get some touch up paint and go over some of the scratches and marks to get it all cleaned up and keep the rust from forming

- its got a dent in the bed, i popped it out a little bit by hand, but i may look into what all is involved in getting it professionally fixed...it doesnt bother me too badly though, so it may just stay how it is

- its got a 3 pillar pod, and its got a boost gauge and in the boost gauge are little digital exhaust/coolant temps....so then its got two generic gauges in the other spots that arent hooked up...so i gotta get them outta there and replace them with something useful

ill post more pics in a few days when i have a chance to get it all cleaned up...but for now, here it is! no interior pics at the moment...went out there with the camera and forgot the key inside...just imagine a stock f250 with a sheet over the bench lol

CIMG1553.jpg

CIMG1554.jpg

CIMG1555.jpg

CIMG1556.jpg

hell yea, im so excited i actually just took it up to 88mph and fast fowarded to tomorrow evening when i pick it up and took pics

sweet. so the truck is down on power, but your flux capacitor is working fine. that's good, 'cause they're expensive as shit! nice looking pick up!

how about fixing my injectors??

Have they failed, or are the seals just leaking?

I remember the first one I did injector seals on, I didn't get the oil out of the cylinders before re-assembling it. Reminder - Liquids will not compress. Duh!

how about fixing my injectors??

Injector replacement on the 7.3 is not that bad of a job at all really. You can do that yourself just pop the valve cover and there they are.The #8 cylinder injector is usally different than the rest, make sure you get the right ones and Purrformance Diesel in Fredricktown is where I'd get them from. I'd recomend changing the glow plugs while your at it too. They rarely fail but they're right there and fairly cheap so why not.

XL fail

7.3 win

ts chip

air intake

4" exhaust

propane

/thread

Not busting your balls but TS chips are one of the cheapest and lowest quality on the market. Still better than the generic canned tunes you get with the Hypertech and Superchips plug in flash tuner but nowhere near as good as DP Tuner in Atlanta GA or Wildman performance in Texas. DP Tuner is hands down the best 7.3 tuner out there. He custom burns digital 4bank chips to your truck and mods you've done and can put 16 different tunes on his chips. His tunes are awesome period.

Air Intake, yes

4" exhaust, not really needed on 2000-2003 modles until major engine mods are done. The muffler delete is all thats needed till then.

Propane, no. Its old news was mainly used as a towing aid to increase MPG and now that propane cost is up its no benifit. The power it adds is minimal, you'll get better results for less money with a water/meth injection kit. Snow performance has some pretty nice complete kits availible and you can use windshield washer fluid as the water/meth mix because of the alcohol that in it, works very good and its cheap.