Ride on Sunday

vroddave

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you was able to walk away and able to ride it home thats the good thing

Exactly. A crash is always better when you can walk away from it. I don't think he even got a scratch. The jacket took all the damage. How did the helmet handle it?

For all those newbies out there, this is why you wear your gear!!

well that solves that I will never ride thru coshocton with anyone... seems every time a group goes in it's like thunderdome... 2 men enter 1 man leaves... Someone always seems to wreck out there...

It's not the bike but the rider :(

Helmet is good. one tiny scratch/chip in paint. need new visor and a new air vent thingie. prognosis: easy fix.

Jacket: served it function well. a few holes in shoulder area. prognosis: Free Iron pony t-shirt coming up.

Body: scrapes too minor to mention. though I am sore this morning.

As I told 1000rr, broke my crash cherry. It was quick and hurt for a little bit, then I was fine. Had euphoria for the first day. Next day was f'ing sore and wished I had waited for the right road/man.

It's all good man, it happens. Most if not all of us that run that pace have been down and will go down again. Fix it up and you're welcome to come on back out again. Maybe hang back a lil farther back in the pack and keep a lil slower pace for a few rides you'll be fine.

And as crashing I will say I was impressed, you did a hell of a good job at it. That is a nasty corner and could've been way worse.

My sumo has been down more than Linda Lovelace, you couldnt hurt it anymore.

And I'll take some of the heat for that one . I was leading and slowed everyone down for 3 other corners that are bike eaters and just didnt think about that one till I was leaned over in it. As soon as I was in it I literally said oh shit out loud a nd figured that might bite some one and it did.

Probally shoulda redid the at your own pace speech at each stop but it looked like everyone was staying within their means. I didnt see him go down so I dont know exactly what happend.

My sumo has been down more than Linda Lovelace, you couldnt hurt it anymore.

And I'll take some of the heat for that one . I was leading and slowed everyone down for 3 other corners that are bike eaters and just didnt think about that one till I was leaned over in it. As soon as I was in it I literally said oh shit out loud a nd figured that might bite some one and it did.

Probally shoulda redid the at your own pace speech at each stop but it looked like everyone was staying within their means. I didnt see him go down so I dont know exactly what happend.

I thought you did a great job with leading. The pace was good, and I don't think the 250 could take much faster. I have learned a great deal from these group rides, knowing that the bike WILL do more than I have the confidence for. The corner where the crash happened almost got me. Chevy did a good job of getting through it, then I was behind him, and the grass and debris flying into the road almost took my attention away too much. Just a reminder to myself to keep looking THROUGH the turn, no matter what, until you get out of it and can slow down.

all i can say is ever since i started riding with todd i have became a lot better rider. i ride my pace and try to follow his lines. if he gets to far a head i dont even try to catch up. just wait till next stop.

anyway i think he does a good job leading