Sport touring tires

Xfz

Does anyone have experience with running ST tires on 1000cc sport bikes? I am thinking about putting a set of the new Pirelli Angel STs on my 1000rr. I do quite a bit of commuting so mileage is freaking important. Just 3000 miles on the bike and the rear tire is gone. :mad: Can't afford track time so that is not a consideration. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

A lot of people seem to like the Michellin brand. Pilot Roads and Pilot Roads too I think. I have Dunlop Road Smarts on my bike right now. They have 8k on them now and I commute daily and just started doing the long scenic roads as well. Nothing to compare them too though.

I've run through 2 sets of pirelli diablo strada @ 8k per rear on my 1100xx, recently switched to angel st, wear seems similar. I've had better grip than a dunlop qualifyer, and the wet grip on the angel is AWESOME!

I'm also running the RoadSmarts now. I've had them for over 6000 miles and I've probably got 3000-5000 more miles to go on them. Currently, I'm mostly doing highway commuting (50 miles a day). But I'm confident enough with them to take them to the edge when I get out on the weekends.

I'd like to try the Pilot Road 2, which cost a little more and are designed to work better in the rain (for those few chance I hit rain).

Ive got Dunlop Roadsmarts on my 600. You dont get much of a flat spot in the center since its got the harder compound there, compared to a sport tire. And the sides of the tires stick like glue. Ive had the tires leaned over edge to edge and never had one traction issue. NinjaNick also has roadsmarts on his ZX14 and he loves them too! if they can hold up on a 1400cc, I see no problem with them on a 1000cc.

Pilot Road 2. Wet/Dry grip and wear are great. i have 4K+ right now on my rear and dont see any wear at all. The treads are still extra deep. i need to get a tread gauge so i know for sure. You can get them delivered for $280 shipped from SBTG. Im ordering a set for my SV and new Z.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3176

Ive got Dunlop Roadsmarts on my 600. You dont get much of a flat spot in the center since its got the harder compound there, compared to a sport tire. And the sides of the tires stick like glue. Ive had the tires leaned over edge to edge and never had one traction issue. NinjaNick also has roadsmarts on his ZX14 and he loves them too! if they can hold up on a 1400cc, I see no problem with them on a 1000cc.

Quoted for truth. They are great street tires no matter how hard you push. I always ran pilot powers on the street and they flattened out way too quickly. Then xtreme turned me onto roadsmarts and can't tell a difference at all because it's the street of course. The road grabs the rubber and loves it in turns or straights. They have amazing reviews in the street riding community. I got 2500 miles on Pilot Powers, and I'm getting 5000 from Roadsmarts. Then again I'm hamfisted and have 110lbs of torque.

I've got the diablo stradas on my bike with over 7000 miles on them and about 1/4 inch chicken strips they are great tires for mileage and stick to the road. The press says the angel st is even better than the diablo strada so the angel will be my next tire later this summer I'd say I've got about another 2000 or 3000 miles left in them before I hit wear bars.