for you triumph EFI folks!

oldschoolsdime92

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I got my cord today just still not exactly sure what to do yet. not sure if the programs I have are the correct ones because it wont let me add the key to the file. plus Im still not sure which map to use with my setup

(two brothers pipe and K&N air filter)

Im so friggin nervous to do this.

I have a few questions.

1. how do I know which ECU I have and does it even matter?

2. I cant seem to find a map that specificly mentions an aftermarket exhaust (mine is a two brothers) and a K&N filter. Dont I need to find that specific map?

It just seems so overwhelming. Im just afraid im gonna screw something up

You will need a map. If you look through the list of maps, it should tell you "aftermarket exhaust/air filter" on the tune description. I belive there were tunes for different vins on your bike for example vin 157266 to 205101 (the last six digits) of your vin. Ask anden what Ecm he has. Hes got a 97 speedy. If I had to guess id say you have a sagem. The guys on triumph torque will help you out greatly on figuring out which tune you need along with what ecm you have also. Just post up and ask the exact same thing you did here. They were wonderful in getting me squared away.

Just reading this now but when I get home ill go through what I have. it won't be till around 6am and ill send you a message with my number.

It isn't difficult to do at all nothing to worry about.

I actualy got the ECU mapped last night and took it to the track to mess with it. ran good but with the difference in power i have to relearn my shift points....lol

I still have some tweaking to do as there is still a slight lag off the start and it still pulsates SLIGHTLY at the level off where you let off the throttle and start to coast

i downloaded a map file off that live website...and its a .dat file, the TuneECU program wants to open a .hex file.... what the problem is? Right now Im ripping the tune off the bike with tuneECU, gonna save it and reupload it when I remove tuneboy i guess

heres the retarded thing....the tuneboy keys are ecm # specific so its doubtful i can get it reset...grrr

Edited by warpspeed

• 3 weeks later...