anybody up for a 500 mile ride to nowhere today?

redrocket04

I'm off, just got my bike back, and want to ride. Nowhere in particular, just ride til I've gone 250 miles, then turn around and come back home. Anybody else want to come, or is it gonna be solo?

I'll plan to leave by 10am, sorry for the late notice.

This morning before I left the house:

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Lake Erie

IMAG0019.jpg

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Hadn't ever been there. I thought it was pretty good.

IMAG0014.jpg

Rick Roush

I forget where I was for this pic. GPS coordinates have it as Westfield, Oh. Someplace up north in a neighborhood that never happened. Streets were in, lots of lots with electric, sewer taps, etc., and a nice sign at the entrance saying new, single family homes from $61,000... Looks like it's been abandoned for about 10 years or more.

IMAG0010.jpg

After all of that, I came down through Dayton, and back home.

End of day:

IMAG0027.jpg

All in all, it was a good day, and I'd be happy to spend more days riding aimlessly. I left this morning, with no clue where I was going, and didn't know until I saw a sign.

For the sticklers, yes I know I missed my 500 mile goal by about 30 miles. I took some long ways and side trips, but it's how it turned out.

Bike looks a LOT better with those straight bars than the apes! I'm gettin' a serious itch for a cruiser lately :wtf:

Looks like you had a busy afternoon.... Did you actually go into the RnRHOF then?

Edited by Fonzie

Bike looks a LOT better with those straight bars than the apes!

Looks like you had a busy afternoon.... Did you actually go into the RnRHOF then?

Looks much better, and it steers now, too. I can do low speed turns. :D I do love having the cruiser. a 500 mile day would definitely not have happened on the CBR. On the cruiser, I just feel like I should buy a better seat if I'm gonna do long ride fairly often, but it was still comfortable.

Yeah, I spent a couple of hours in the HOF, since I'd never been there. It was pretty nice, but reminded me of a giant Hard Rock Cafe, but at the Hard Rock, I'd get lunch for my $22. Here, I got a wrist band, and yelled at for taking a pic inside of Elvis' car.

Edited by redrocket04

Looks much better, and it steers now, too. I can do low speed turns. :D

Yeah, I spent a couple of hours in the HOF, since I'd never been there. It was pretty nice, but reminded me of a giant Hard Rock Cafe, but at the Hard Rock, I'd get lunch for my $22. Here, I got a wrist band, and yelled at for taking a pic inside of Elvis' car.

yea no suprise, its alot of uptight assholes that work there. Last time I was there I was 14ish (whenever the Hendrix exhibit was there) and got yelled at for being too close to one of the things. The bastard made a smartass comment about me not appreciating that type of stuff and then i berated him with several quiz like questions about Hendrix that he couldn't even answer. I politely mentioned to him that he should consider shutting the fuck up before making stupid comments and being show up by a kid. I had a happy :D