best courier motorcycle?

John

Hate to say it, but a scooter would be my choice. Super on gas, light, super maneuverable, storage, and easier to mount/dismount/park than a bike with less controls to fuss over in tight spaces. I loves me some bikes, but if it's for business I'm thinking rationally and a scooter makes sense there.

I'd go with a GS500 or a EX500 with a big Givi box on back, low maint, buy'em cheap, light, good milage, decent on the interstate loop around town, low seat and narrow for filtering to the light.

Hate to say it, but a scooter would be my choice. Super on gas, light, super maneuverable, storage, and easier to mount/dismount/park than a bike with less controls to fuss over in tight spaces. I loves me some bikes, but if it's for business I'm thinking rationally and a scooter makes sense there.

Exactly what I was gonna say. You have lots of underseat storage with a scoot and you can get luggage/top box's for them,

gas mileage is ridiculous and no worries about beating it up.

If this is for in town only and not between towns, I would say a scooter. Light, economical, easy to maneuver.

Yeah, what he said.

Vstrom looks like it'd serve that purpose well. Plus they're kinda cool from the pics I've seen.

As an owner of one, would be very far from what I'd choose if my courier duties involved a lot of traffic. It's a big Vtwin, not happy lurching around at low speeds...it wants to be in the 4000rpm and up range...and it's top heavy. Not what I'd pick for the big city.

If I didn't go a scooter route (which I would), I'd choose a standard, small as engine as I could find....maybe an NX125 or 250, or a Honda 250 Nighthawk, or even a TW200.