For all of you runners out there

Cdubyah

My friend Kalyn is raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation by trying to break a guiness world record for marathon running.

She is running 11 marathons, in 11 consecutive days!:eek:

If you would like to run with her, in her quest, you can make a small donation to the cause.

She starts the first marathon today at 3:00pm at Pickerington North High School track.

Here is a dispatch link.

Here is the cff donation page

Facebook Page

forgive my cynicism. I can't help it...

IF 11 marathons in 11 days is physically possible, it can't be medically advisable.

I respect her fund-raising efforts, but I hope she's also taking donations for the knee replacements she's going to need after completely demolishing all the cartilage in hers. i'll check out her facebook page, etc.

So there's this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes who ran 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days.....

Did his just not make it into the Guinness book??

You have to get them to ceritfy it first, before you start.

She had alot of paperwork to do.

Then the officials came out, and laid out the rules and other red tape items. They even measured the track for distance.

So there's this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Karnazes who ran 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days.....

Did his just not make it into the Guinness book??

You have to get them to ceritfy it first, before you start.

She had alot of paperwork to do.

Then the officials came out, and laid out the rules and other red tape items. They even measured the track for distance.

Yeah, that, and it's a *women's record.

A marathon actual does harm to your body, and even a professional runner who has ran for years and years would need good amount of time to recover. 11 marathons in a row? It would have to be a world record.

A marathon actual does harm to your body, and even a professional runner who has ran for years and years would need good amount of time to recover. 11 marathons in a row? It would have to be a world record.

that's what I'm saying...

there are probably a handful of people in the world whose bodies can take something like that. How many of them realize it and choose to become distance runners? Maybe 50. in the world.

I hope she's one of them.

I wish her the best of luck, but my prediction is that she is moving damn slow by day 6, and done by day 8...

HOPE SHE PROVES ME WRONG!