June 27, 2010 meeting for Coshocton ride

Uncle Punk

and here I was excited that if I could make it I would be led by the king of the slow group :p

edit: shit that made it sound like you were slow, meh whatever you know what i meant

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so who is all planning on this ride?? Im curious, i would hope to meet most of you on this ride..

I will make a list of the folks riding down from the Northeast that are starting from the 82 & 83 meeting spot if any of them will commit. I think that will be hard to do because most of them are too busy fucking around in the thread for me to make any sense of it at all. I will update the first post when or if I can make a list; if nothing else I will be there. You can also watch the Dayton thread on this topic for their list, Columbus might be starting one to watch also. There is no reason for you to ride over to our meeting spot unless you want to, just going to Coshocton would be easier for you and many others so I wouldn't expect to see those type people on any list.

I'm officially out for this ride. Since I'm such a loving husband I've offered my services to help my wife move her piano from her dad's to our house. She's really excited' date=' or else I'd just bail on the bitch.

Ride safe![/quote']

This is a common theme for him; I am starting to really doubt his existence at all. The best theory I can come up with is that he is also JRMMiii fucking around with us; I mean has anyone ever seen the two of them at the same time? No one could have the stupid political views that JRMMiii has and still be able to hold a job or even type.

This is a common theme for him; I am starting to really doubt his existence at all. The best theory I can come up with is that he is also JRMMiii fucking around with us; I mean has anyone ever seen the two of them at the same time? No one could have the stupid political views that JRMMiii has and still be able to hold a job or even type.

You just may be on to something here UP...

I know no one can be that stupid and still carry on life without a guardian watching them.

To comment again about meeting everyone, no way does anyone want 4,300 bikes to show up for this ride.

Everyone just ignore Adam, he is trying to be as big of an idiot as he can be to piss people off so the crowd won't get too big for him to handle. I think he should just shut the fuck up and take it like a man.

To comment again about meeting everyone, no way does anyone want 4,300 bikes to show up for this ride.

If I may add, if you have to question showing up after all that has been hashed out about the type of ride this is, stay home. If you are not mentally prepared for a ride that will take some skill, and will provide you a great opportunity to learn more, you're either too good of a rider, or too scared.

If my comments are out of line, tell me and I'll change/delete.

^ There's a guy who doesn't just mess around with the tip!

We now have two people on the list, both of the Northeast black guys.

I said yes to the ride, I was just curious if there was going to be any pseudo-roadracer type shenanigans on the way, now that I know there wont be, I'm down for it!

If I may add, if you have to question showing up after all that has been hashed out about the type of ride this is, stay home. If you are not mentally prepared for a ride that will take some skill, and will provide you a great opportunity to learn more, you're either too good of a rider, or too scared.

Not out of line but not necessary at this point, but if some think what this ride is isn’t clear maybe I can try to make things clearer.

Some skill will be required this isn't a MSF course. The only two things I asked were the willingness to exceed the speed limit and pass on double yellows. If these two things go against your better judgment then this ride won't be for you. I don't care if you park it in the corners if you want to get some experience with a group of people along for support this is your opportunity. You will also get to ride some great roads along with the opportunity to talk with and get help from riders with more experience. More experienced riders out for a good time can expect that the group will be policed for folks who are not acting right whether it is on purpose or unknowingly, that way they don't have to worry too much about their ride being ruined. Accidents can happen at any time though, even when all precautions are being taken, your comfort level is up to you and everyone is expected to help with policing the ranks. The only people who would be offended by such scrutiny are people who shouldn't be on this ride. If we wanted everyone to have the same riding abilities we would have called the people we know to get together. That's not what happened here, it was posted for everyone to join in so different skill levels are expected.

I'd say the term "skill" is relative among riders.

To some people skill is being able to negotiate a turn decently with some confidence, others its able to go through the turns at a more brisk pace, with decent lean angle and being able to hold your line. I guess I have a big definition for the word "skill" I see it as being able to drag a knee at will, get great drives out of the corners, and being able to communicate very well with their machine.

It depends on perspective it seems.

I said yes to the ride, I was just curious if there was going to be any pseudo-roadracer type shenanigans on the way, now that I know there wont be, I'm down for it!

When I plan a ride I usually post the route that way if someone shows up and finds the groups pace too slow for their liking they can go out ahead and wait for us at the next turn or go out on their own. This route is simple, from the meeting spot 83 south to Coshocton, no route posting needed. Once our group gets there others will be leading with their own route. These are people I have ridden with in the past and I trust them to lead as I would.

The ride down is straight and boring except for the last 20 miles. The pace will be at about 70 MPH except for small towns posted at speeds other than 55 MPH. When I pass a car I will go faster than 70 MPH to give riders behind me space to safely fall in line in front of the car being passed. The last 20 miles will be at the pace you should expect to see in the front group on the Coshocton ride. You can read this as speeds might increase to more than 70 MPH in the curves and slow back down to 70 MPH between them. Most people fall in line behind someone who is just slightly faster than them so no racing is happening, its single file in the curves. I will make a head count before we leave and recount at all stops unless our group is over ten riders then we will be using a sweep rider. If you have to leave the ride make sure someone else in the group is told so we don't go looking for you.

When I plan a ride I usually post the route that way if someone shows up and finds the groups pace too slow for their liking they can go out ahead and wait for us at the next turn or go out on their own. This route is simple, from the meeting spot 83 south to Coshocton, no route posting needed. Once our group gets there others will be leading with their own route. These are people I have ridden with in the past and I trust them to lead as I would.

The ride down is straight and boring except for the last 20 miles. The pace will be at about 70 MPH except for small towns posted at speeds other than 55 MPH. When I pass a car I will go faster than 70 MPH to give riders behind me space to safely fall in line in front of the car being passed. The last 20 miles will be at the pace you should expect to see in the front group on the Coshocton ride. You can read this as speeds might increase to more than 70 MPH in the curves and slow back down to 70 MPH between them. Most people fall in line behind someone who is just slightly faster than them so no racing is happening, its single file in the curves. I will make a head count before we leave and recount at all stops unless our group is over ten riders then we will be using a sweep rider. If you have to leave the ride make sure someone else in the group is told so we don't go looking for you.

bold, is that backwards? lol!

hmm, what kind of curves? long sweepers?

I think I'm thinking too much about that part, :D