2003 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor ABS

Hoblick

well i found a bike that better suits my needs.

and i want to sell the VFR to pick it up.

so....

2003 VFR ABS model, also has the linked braking system

39,000 miles

it has had the honda recall done

brand new Michelin Pilot Road 2CT tires (1000 miles on them)

custom paint (2010 euro spec paint)

smoked out tail light and turn signals

honda OEM hard saddlebags (i have a fender eliminator to mount the plate to if you decide not to use the hard bags)

gutted pipes

matching painted seat cowl

krauser top case

Sargent seat (have stock seat as well)

heated grips

LSL superbike handlebar kit (have stock bars as well)

Zero gravity smoked windscreen

DID VZM gold x ring chain (1700 miles old)

EBC HH brake pads all around(1700 miles old)

fresh oil change with mobil 1 full synthetic and mobil 1 filter ( i run a half inch longer filter for better filtration)

oil changed every 3000 miles religiously)

all maintenance done since i have had the bike, and i have all logged on microsoft excell

valve check and adjustment done over the winter

brakes done over the winter

brake fluid and clutch fluid done over the winter

coolant done over the winter

new water pump over the winter

new chain over the winter

as everyone knows i try to keep the exterior looking as nice as possible!

i did have a slight tip over in the driveway at my dads, and it has a scuff up by the right side turn signal, easy touch up that i havent done yet

mechanically the bike is perfect IMO

looking to get $5500 and relatively quick lol.. dont know how long the bike im looking at will last

id selll for $5000 without the sargent seat, top case, and lsl bar kit

IMG_0224.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

SL370117.jpg

SL370132.jpg

SL370126.jpg

Edited by Hoblick

:eek:

Holy cow! I never thought you'd sell the Viffer!

A serious GLWS. I really need to get me a pile of cash to have lying around for this sort of thing.

me either but with doing track days, my want to carve corners on the street doesnt matter, im looking for something even more comfy for me and the wife

thats what im talkin about! I lust one of those baad! thats next year.

i was joking lol

well so far, still have the viffer, they didnt keep there end of the bargain up with the trade in price, so im kind of stuck between paying a few hundred more and getting the bike i want, or saying FU just for principal

Hey Hoblick -

by all accounts, you've got a bad case of trackday addiction. In that respect, you remind me of me 2 years ago :D

given the mileage of your VFR, it's clear you enjoy street riding and touring, but consider how many trackdays, tires, etc. $5k could buy you. That could realistically be almost two seasons worth of riding for the above-average trackday rider.

Then consider how much less touring you'll be doing with weekends at the track taking up your time.

I'm not saying "don't get a street bike," but given how much less you're going to be using the street bike, I'd encourage you to consider something less expensive.

I'm actually thinking my next (street) bike might be a Bandit 1200. Plenty of 2-up power, reasonable luggage options, okay mileage, and fairly comfortable (especially when you're comparing it to a track bike). The best part is that you can find the last generation for $2500-$3500 in fantastic shape. yes, you have to tolerate carburetors, but to save $2k, I'd consider it.

My track bike is certainly nothing spectacular, but I think I'll always have a 'nicer' bike for the track (where I can actually use it) than for the street.

just one guy's opinion. Hold out for a private party buyer on the VFR, and find an end-of-season deal on your next bike.

GLWS :p

Hey Hoblick -

by all accounts, you've got a bad case of trackday addiction. In that respect, you remind me of me 2 years ago :D

given the mileage of your VFR, it's clear you enjoy street riding and touring, but consider how many trackdays, tires, etc. $5k could buy you. That could realistically be almost two seasons worth of riding for the above-average trackday rider.

Then consider how much less touring you'll be doing with weekends at the track taking up your time.

I'm not saying "don't get a street bike," but given how much less you're going to be using the street bike, I'd encourage you to consider something less expensive.

I'm actually thinking my next (street) bike might be a Bandit 1200. Plenty of 2-up power, reasonable luggage options, okay mileage, and fairly comfortable (especially when you're comparing it to a track bike). The best part is that you can find the last generation for $2500-$3500 in fantastic shape. yes, you have to tolerate carburetors, but to save $2k, I'd consider it.

My track bike is certainly nothing spectacular, but I think I'll always have a 'nicer' bike for the track (where I can actually use it) than for the street.

just one guy's opinion. Hold out for a private party buyer on the VFR, and find an end-of-season deal on your next bike.

GLWS :p

i feel ya man

i love the track days, but i also love doing 2 up touring with my wife, its somethign we can do together and get to see things we never saw.

so i wanted something bigger and more comfortable to tour on. dont care about the handling so much for touring, although the FJR does handle pretty well for a big bike.

and ill still be at the track days fo sho :D