Pickering House Charity Poker Run - Steve Detty ride.

max power

Hey guys, As I'm sure most of you know, my father just passed from brain cancer. FairHope Hospice and Pickering House provided unbelievably excellent care for him in his final weeks.

They are a beautiful non-profit facility and depend alot on volunteers and donations. No one is turned away for lack of money, and thats what 100% of the donations are used for. I can not say enough about how wonderful this facility and its staff is to its patients and their families.

I know most of us stay away from poker runs, but please consider turning out for this event. Lets make this an OR event to remember. I cant think of a better cause.

More details to follow, but here is what I have so far:

WHAT: Poker Run for Fairhope Hospice/Pickering House

WHEN: Saturday July 31 @ 10:00

START: Old Town Tavern 10985 Winchester Rd. Canal Winchester 43110

Breakfast provided.

picture.php?albumid=29&pictureid=11551

Edited by max power

I'm supposed to be at two weddings that day, but the morning is mine. Now this should be a good use for it.
If I dont have a class that day I'll ride with ya.
If I don't have something going in then I am in. I'll need to wait until the date is closer to know for sure.
I would be down for this.

Just have to remind me when its closer because im sure i will forget.

Bump it up closer to that date. I'm going to try to remember it so that nothing else gets scheduled that I would need to bail on, because I have every intention of making it out to this.
Hospice rocks my socks!! I'll come down for this. They totally cared for Dad during his last few weeks. Isaac will be with me' date=' so I may trailer down, do the ride and then trailer back. It'll depend on how comfortable he is on the bike, but I'm in.[/quote']
That's my birthday :D' date=' I/we should be able to make it.[/quote']
Count me in. Ride or not I will make a stop.

Awesome!!

Glad to see some peeps wanting to support a great cause. There is lots of money raised for cancer research, but not much for the people who have it. This will help those who have cancer and less than adequate insurance tremendously and help the hospice keep up its motto of "nobody gets turned away".

I will be bumping the hell out of this and pimping it hard. The Pickering House and FairHope Hospice deserves all the help we can give them.

• 4 weeks later...
Since the NWO meat is postponed, I'll try to get the northern guys to head down for this.

Cool! As long as you stay home... :lol: (j/k mmmmkay?)

I'm looking forward to this, as I lost my mom to cancer. It's something that hits close to home.

Cool! As long as you stay home... :lol: (j/k mmmmkay?)

I'm looking forward to this, as I lost my mom to cancer. It's something that hits close to home.

I lost a 7 yr old niece to brain cancer several years ago so it hits home here as well.