Friday 7/2 Ride to the River

Hailwood

With the weather looking so good, I'm planning on taking Friday off to get in a relatively long ride.

My plan is to head down 83 to Marietta and then up 26 to 800 and then back to Akron.

I'd like to start relatively early (~9 AM from Akron) and would be more than willing to meet up with folks in Millersburg @ ~10 if there's some interest. We can finish up at the DQ in Bolivar.

The distance is about 350 miles round-trip from Akron. I think the last time I did this ride it took 7~8 hours with a stop for lunch and was a ton of fun.

I'm planning on taking the FZ1 for this, so my pace won't be crazy. Figure ~70ish on the straights and whatever I feel brave enough to try in the corners.

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll post up a more detailed ride plan.

10AM at the Speedway on 83 in Millersburg.

From there I'm planning on following this route that will put us back at the DQ in Bolivar:

Link to Map

Also, I am planning a lunch stop, probably at Subway, in Marietta. Other than that, planning on keeping the stopping to a minimum.

Edited by Hailwood

Holiday = speeding tix galore. Ask me how I know. :p

good point! how soon i forget. on second thought, my CDL and my wallet can't afford that this week. i've got the next couple of weeks off though if you decide to go out again.

I'm not concerned about traffic on these roads, nor am I particularly concerned about speeding tickets, primarily because I've ridden them before on holiday weekends (Memorial, Labor Day, etc), but also because I'm not planning on an OMGWTFBBQ pace.

hmmmmm...

I'm thinking the same thing, just wonder if I can get the day off or not. I'm intrigued by this especially now since I have the vfr so comfort is not much of an issue

10AM at the Speedway on 83 in Millersburg.

From there I'm planning on following this route that will put us back at the DQ in Bolivar:

Link to Map

Also, I am planning a lunch stop, probably at Subway, in Marietta. Other than that, planning on keeping the stopping to a minimum.

why can't you be going saturday, I wanted to plan a ride down to the southeastern part, hitting routes 556 536 and 255 .....I have an 05 speed triple

i'd say this rates a "sick day"

CALL OFF!

Weather's looking fantastic for tomorrow, and I just finished getting the new tires on the FZ1.

So as long as all goes well on my shakedown ride I'll be good to go!

One last time: Millersburg Speedway on OH-83, 10:00 AM. 10:15 we hit the road.

Usually I come up with something good so I don't have to play the sick card but we have a bid due tomorrow by 4pm and with the boss out of town I have no choice but to be in the office until we get it finished :(

Thinking about this too will know about 4:00 PM if I can.

Are you going to make it on this one? If so I'll link up with you on the way to Millersburg

Weather's looking fantastic for tomorrow, and I just finished getting the new tires on the FZ1.

So as long as all goes well on my shakedown ride I'll be good to go!

One last time: Millersburg Speedway on OH-83, 10:00 AM. 10:15 we hit the road.

Sounds good. I'll see you there!

I just got in from posing up at bike night. Yes, I will be there by 10:00

Its 58 miles from 82 & 83 and it usually takes about 1:10 to get to the Speedway in Millersburg from there. I am planning to leave at 8:30, this will give time to fill up, use the restroom with some time left over for whatever can and will happen.