ride this sat or sun, July 10 or 11th

jbot

hai gaiz

i have my bike in columbus temporarily, and i'm headed down this weekend to do some other stuff, but should have time to ride either Sat or Sunday. Preferably sunday early morning, since i'd like to try to take my friend along (he's sort of new to this) and that's when he's free.

I'd like to ride around hocking hills or where ever there are good roads. i'd like to be back in cbus by around 5pm. I'd guess we would want to leave cbus by around 8am to give us enough time to get to the good stuff.

i don't know the roads out there, so this is sort of a "ride leader wanted" type post. You can go as fast as you want, just wait for us at the turns. Sometimes i'll be up to mess around, maybe even go to 2nd base, but mostly i'll be hanging back to make sure my friend is alright. If no one wants to lead, but want to ride, i'll just look at some route suggestions and do the best I can. Keep in mind, i'm towing a new rider, so i'll be taking it easy. again, don't let that stop you from riding ahead and doing your thing.

Let me know if anyone is interested, or if there is already a ride that I just didn't know about.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be down for a early morning Sunday ride. Haven't checked the weather,

I think its supposed to cool down abit this weekend.

I prefer Sundays and the earlier the better so this could work out. I'm not the best tour guide for Hocking

but I go thru there enough that I could probably make up a route.

Will check back here later.

that reminds me, i'll have to post this on CORE too. not that there are a whole lot of anyone on CORE actually from central ohio anymore, but i'll give it a college try.

I think Tarr and I and prolly CBRBrent are gonna head out Sun morn and do 83,78,800 and such.

Yes, this is the plan just need to decide on the route that will include 83,78,800 do you want to take 800 all the way to the river grab a bite to eat and run the same roads back?

I wouldnt mind meeting up with some of you sunday. But i will be taking 56 down to hocking. i was considering messing around in hocking then taking 78 over to 555 down to the river.

Edited by 20thGix

I am prolly riding Sunday. Not sure where or what I'll be riding.

let me know what you end up doing. it'll probably be hard to meet up, but we can sure as hell try.

i am planning on a quick sat morning ride; route

depending on how weather looks on either day (looks good so far) and availability, i'll post up here. if i can escape with my nuts intact, i'll ride both days.

I could be down for a early morning Sunday ride. Haven't checked the weather' date='

I think its supposed to cool down abit this weekend.

I prefer Sundays and the earlier the better so this could work out. I'm not the best tour guide for Hocking

but I go thru there enough that I could probably make up a route.

Will check back here later.[/quote']

it doesn't have to be hocking, but ya, if we can't find anyone to lead, you can play the rabbit.

I think Tarr and I and prolly CBRBrent are gonna head out Sun morn and do 83,78,800 and such.

ok. wanna do 555 or is that too out of the way?

Holy shit, You're a real person with a real bike?!?!?!?!?

between horrible pictures and borderline psychotic sex joke posts, I like to slip out for a ride every once in a while. the bike even goes vroom vroom like a real one.

ok. wanna do 555 or is that too out of the way?

Could hit that for the road back or the the way to 78 and bring 83 back

555 sucks
Not north of 78 it dosent
it's good when it's clean... which it rarely is. but it's REALLY good when it is. i think they paved parts of it?

Yes

Nice tags jbot :p. Haven't run 555 on my FZ6R yet.

The conditions of that road fluctuate so much though.

I'm down for anything early Sunday. 1000RR and Tarr can make up the route and lead,

that way I can ride in the middle somewhere or back and run my gopro (til I run out of hd and batt life)

i agree about 555. if it was kept 1/3 as nice as them roads down in TN/NC, it could be a tourist trap lol.

anyway, if you guys don't mind me tagging along with newb friend in tow, that would be cool. if the wait becomes too unbearable, feel free to break off. i pretty much just need a route and i can usually find my way around.

my tags are consistent, if anything lol

this might just turn into a nice ride

Weather looks okay, high of 85 and partly cloudy. Looking forward to it.

You guys do up the route, I'll follow :p (meaning "I'll try to keep up")

Where are you gonna be in Columbus' date=' what side of town?

I'm on the Westside, near Hilliard/Roberts Rd area.[/quote']

i'll be coming from either near 315/270 junction (north end) or from westerville area. i'm not sure just yet.

this is shaping up to be a entertaining sunday (or sat). hopefully i can find the misc parts to make my 600rr street legal lol (it is currently in track bike configuration)

actually, i found the bag with all my crap in it, so i'm good. just gotta put on the plate and mirrors and plug in the lights (and take off painters tape) and i am street legal once moarr!