ride this sat or sun, July 10 or 11th

jbot

Well...I was going to ask if anyone minded an OR newb showing up...until I saw how far this place is from Ravenna.

You gotta keep an eye on "where" the threads are posted, this one is in CENTRAL, your area would be NorthEast,

not that you wouldn't be welcome if you wanted to make the trip. Lots of the NEO guys come down this way

since we have all the good roads down here :D

Edited by SWing'R

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's just meet in zanesville.

Sounds good. Here is the actual address of that Wendys/Gas station

in case anyone needs it...

214 UNDERWOOD STREET

ZANESVILLE, OH 43701

(740) 452-7076

10:00am!

Anyone mind if a new guy tags along?I'm in Zanesville so the meeting place is just down the road.

You can get around the 555 closure by going...22 to 93 to 669 and pick up 555 in Deavertown,or better yet 22 to 93 to Athens Rd on the southend of Roseville...also picks up 555 at Deavertown.

The bridge is open on SR255,I was over there thursday,but watch out for fine gravel in the curves due to ODOT lining the roads.

let's just meet in zanesville.

about how long do you suppose our route will be?

As long or short as you want it Jinu, I'm not stuck to a route and I lack the military precision of my black counterpart. We'll adjust as needed.

Anyone mind if a new guy tags along?I'm in Zanesville so the meeting place is just down the road.

You can get around the 555 closure by going...22 to 93 to 669 and pick up 555 in Deavertown,or better yet 22 to 93 to Athens Rd on the southend of Roseville...also picks up 555 at Deavertown.

The bridge is open on SR255,I was over there thursday,but watch out for fine gravel in the curves due to ODOT lining the roads.

Thats a long way around to catch a short section of that road, if anything I'd just run 60 into Philo area and catch the bridge there. We can all decide that as a group tomarrow. As to your joining in question, sure no prob just know what you're getting into. We run a "spirited" pace and will prolly not spend alot of time at the posted speed limit or sight seeing.

We run a "spirited" pace and will prolly not spend alot of time at the posted speed limit or sight seeing.

Meaning that Todd takes it really slow :rulez: and concentrate heavily on every inch of the road. :rolleyes:

I don't think Todd will mind seeing this repeated, ride your own ride, at your own pace. They will wait for you to catch up. I know they will wait, I ride a 250, and have never been left behind!

I'm in for this. I'll be leaving from OSU main campus area; if anyone from Columbus area wants to meet up, say maybe somewhere just off of I70 between 71 and 270, and then head over to Zanesville, reply here by 8:40 am and name a location.

I live on rome hilliard rd I would be down with a meet and go to zany let me know a place and time to be. I was just going to run 70 from here to there also.

214 UNDERWOOD STREET

ZANESVILLE, OH 43701

(740) 452-7076

rt 60 exit off 70E. it's been posted many times. we're ROLLING OUT by 10am guys, get there earlier than that if possible. if you KNOW you're going to be late, post up so we can ridicule and ultimately, wait for you.

for everyone, i'm not leading this ride, but here are some suggestions:

as has been posted, there will be a range of riding from "spirited" to "newb" pace. if you wanna go fast, go right ahead. if you want to go slow, by all means. if you're going fast and you don't want to wait, no problem: just let us know what route you plan on taking and vice versa if you're going slow and want to split off. do NOT break off without letting the group know cause we will search along the road for you, wondering if you fell off a cliff into a big patch of thorn bushes.

do NOT try to play a game of keep up with the guy in front of you, you'll just look ghey for trying to get a glimpse of his ass. do NOT asspack the guy in front of you, unless you know he's really interested and is into you... if he is slowing you down, get past him at the next stop, or straight section or corner if you're in a big fucking hurry. keep in mind, we are not racing: you will not win anything. nobody cares how fast someone can go on the street other than as a reference. if you like to ride fast with your friend, go ahead... JUST DON'T RIDE IN OVER YOUR HEAD.

gear: you can do what you want, but i'd highly recommend being in helmet, jacket, jeans, gloves, and ankle high boots at minimum. wear leathers if you want.

look for a purple/grey ninja 500 and beat to shit yellow 600rr.

get there early so we can roll out by 10AM

see you guys there!

do NOT try to play a game of keep up with the guy in front of you, you'll just look ghey for trying to get a glimpse of his ass. do NOT asspack the guy in front of you, unless you know he's really interested and is into you...

:confused: What kind of ride is this again?

I live on rome hilliard rd I would be down with a meet and go to zany let me know a place and time to be. I was just going to run 70 from here to there also.

I'm right off Walcutt & Roberts, I'll be topping off my tank @ the Speedway at Roberts/Walcutt around 8:40 if you wanna meet me, otherwise see you in Zanesville.

it was an awesome-0 time. the duckling did great, and he followed me right into the jaws of 536 because i'm a numbnuts and just pull into the first sign for any road without following the arranged route. on the other hand, 536 was in the best shape it's been in a long time (at least, for me). the only weird part was there are "road closed" signs and the tar strips are VERY slick, at least for my bt016's and/or my vajayjay. but amazingly, no gravel or anything.

todd and garrett, sorry i made you wait around for us. if it's any consolation, 255 was pretty shitty. todd, thanks for leading. nice to meet you all!

Great ride!

I'm wondering about 2 things:

Did that rider w/o helmet get his "posed" video shot from his friend atop the hill as we passed?

Dave, did you have to toss out your underwear or is the Mrs. able to clean out the "Oh-shit" streak?!?!