Question about a bike.. Please Help..

hollywood3586

OK so Matt sold his Z1000 tonight and we are looking at a few bikes but we have a question about this Ducati.. does anyone really know anything about these bikes and if so would this be a good deal.. the dude said he would take $2800. So I'm asking for advice. heres the listing..

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1844259258.html

I can't see the link bc I'm at work, but I had a 2000 Ducati 750ssie. It wasn't fast, but very flickable. Plus, the engine is air cooled and bullet-proof. Heads up on maintenance as it is expensive and frequent w/ Ducs. Also if you need new parts, prepare to pay for them because it is difficult to find good quality used shit on ebay. Check out ducati.ms for more info on ANY Ducati model out there.

hey thanks for the input everyone.. i think we will keep looking.. plus this guy is all too eager for us to come look at it..

Way when matt gets a bug up his butt for something new he doesnt delay.. plus we got full asking price for the Z.. Now it sucks though cause there really isnt alot of stuff out there.. Time will tell..

hey thanks for the input everyone.. i think we will keep looking.. plus this guy is all too eager for us to come look at it..

Way when matt gets a bug up his butt for something new he doesnt delay.. plus we got full asking price for the Z.. Now it sucks though cause there really isnt alot of stuff out there.. Time will tell..

does he have any specifics on what he wants? I can attempt to help with the search if you two want

not really.. just no cruisers and the max we want to spend is like maybe 3k.. but cheaper the better matts a hagler anyway and the whole reason for doing this was to bank a little bit of money..

he was really looking for an SV.. just because he can make it look like a fighter..

I'd be looking for an SV1k if I wanted a vtwin... but that's just me. :D

His and hers.

hahaha yeah... if he gets an sv 1k it would be mine! no matching colors either! Like tony said to me the other day he wanted us to get matching bikes.. UMMM NO!! :D

thanks for that.. actually most of the bikes that popped i looked at last night.. The only reason why he sold his Z was to bank a little bit of money... So we wanted to stay 3000 or under.. also that kid with the 05 zzr 600 REALLY wants his shit gone.. its posted EVERYWHERE!! :)

Minor cosmetics aren't gonna give it a salvage title. Frame damage, bent forks, etc. do that

or gixxie touched it. Either way. :)

Avoid that shit. Extreme mods like hacking off tail sections and putting on another bike's subframe look awesome and are great if you're the one doing the work and riding it, but something that could catastrophically fail like that I wouldn't buy from an untrusted source secondhand.

that kid with the 05 zzr 600 REALLY wants his shit gone.. its posted EVERYWHERE!! :)

probably because he realized he bought a 1998 ZX6 in 2005. :D

Good on you for walking away from that Duc though. My first thought when i looked at the ad was "looks beat to shit." Not kidding.

or gixxie touched it. Either way. :)

Avoid that shit. Extreme mods like hacking off tail sections and putting on another bike's subframe look awesome and are great if you're the one doing the work and riding it, but something that could catastrophically fail like that I wouldn't buy from an untrusted source secondhand.

yes my thoughts where the same.. I just didnt know too much about the brand but when i was texting him the bike got worse and worse..

probably because he realized he bought a 1998 ZX6 in 2005. :D

Good on you for walking away from that Duc though. My first thought when i looked at the ad was "looks beat to shit." Not kidding.

HAHAHAH ru-tard..

thanks, it looks to be like one of thoses too good to be true deals. most of the time it is too good to be true.. :D