Northeast group ride 7-31-10

Uncle Punk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jinx can't stand himself right now; he has sent me a couple texts a day harassing me about this ride. Jealous much? He has told me he has given the police, sheriffs and highway patrol our route and that they should be on the look out for Osama Bin Laden riding a red CBR1000RR. He has told me he has all the stunters showing up to turn it into a wheelie fest. He has also said he told the V-Star group to show up so we have a bunch of cruisers to tow around……. The next couple of days should be entertaining to see what he comes up with next.

I have ridden with guys on Goldwings, BMW LTs, Fat Boys and Warriors who all had no problem keeping up with this pace. They were not normal riders and in general most non sport bike riders wouldn't enjoy this group. If you ride a non sport bike and enjoy keeping up with sport bikes by all means come along.

I have ridden with guys on Goldwings, BMW LTs, Fat Boys and Warriors who all had no problem keeping up with this pace. They were not normal riders and in general most non sport bike riders wouldn't enjoy this group. If you ride a non sport bike and enjoy keeping up with sport bikes by all means come along.

That's code for:

"There might be some minorities riding with us, so be prepared"

Right now I see the rain issue making this ride for me to be a Saturday ride. Looking at Cleveland, Zanesville and Marietta's hourly forecast for Saturday Cleveland has rain starting at 7:00PM, Zanesville rain at 9:00PM and Marietta at midnight. Sunday is clear for Cleveland and Zanesville but Marietta has rain at 4:00PM. Saturday looks like a better solution even if we get rained on the last hour getting home. The last 60 miles is all straight anyway. Riding Sunday if there is rain in the Marietta area means rain on the good roads.

Right now I'm still on for Saturday. I will reevaluate this later today and make a call then. Does anyone else have some other logic to put towards this decision?

I would like to meet up with the group in Millersburg, what time do you estimate you will be there for your first gas stop?

9:10AM give or take a few, depending on several factors.

Jinx has texted me also about the ride being gone from the Marietta area before the rain hits so we could have all day without rain unlike the chance to get rained on Saturday the last hour. Right now it's still Saturday for me but we'll see as the weather forecast gets updated.

I will lead a ride Saturday and Tpoppa will lead one Sunday that should fix this dilemma.

For everyone that plans to meet up in Millersburg the gas stop is not the usual meeting spot. This meeting spot is the Marathon station on 39 west of 83. We will not be going past the Speedway on 83 in town until the return trip.

More good news Jinx has got the Cleveland scooter club to ride along with us.