Northeast group ride 7-31-10

Uncle Punk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started? What are you talking about? I'm sorry to do this for a Saturday but it gives us Sunday to make it up if it rains.

Would leaving an hour earlier be something anyone is interested in to make it home earlier?

I checked the time it takes to do the routes and it looks like the big route won't leave us enough time to get the ride done in daylight so maybe that route should go.

I rode 260 this past weekend with the C.S.B.A. and it is a road we want to get to for this ride, it might be as good as 255 only longer.

I'm all for not having to carry a second shield. But, I can always put the clear on and wear shades.

Assuming I still have to work Saturday night, I personally need to be back home around 7. I can always bug out early if I have to. I don't have any time constraints on Sunday, but I don't get home until 3am so I get little sleep.

Either way works.

I work at a different dealership now

Just started? What are you talking about? I'm sorry to do this for a Saturday but it gives us Sunday to make it up if it rains.

Would leaving an hour earlier be something anyone is interested in to make it home earlier?

I checked the time it takes to do the routes and it looks like the big route won't leave us enough time to get the ride done in daylight so maybe that route should go.

I rode 260 this past weekend with the C.S.B.A. and it is a road we want to get to for this ride, it might be as good as 255 only longer.

Look you trouble maker, I don't want to see you, I.P. or SamBusa in my thread messing it all up, this isn't a Harley thread so be nice to me. If you guys get this moved to ranting & raving I will end up riding by myself because no one will be able to find it.

:confused: WTF? I'm ALWAYS nice to you. When have I ever denied you a reach-around?

That's too bad, 260 is 36 miles long and freshly paved. It's twice as long as 255 and every bit as fun

+1

I rode 260 from Rt7 to 145 and back 3 weeks or so ago. The eastbound lane from 26 to 7 still had to be paved. From 26 to 145 is especially entertaining!! Definitely not to be missed if you're in the neighborhood.

My usual is 147>9>145>556>78>536>255(open with a little dirt section) and reverse the route. Definitely adding an out and back on 260 now. There are also lots of options to modify the route and still hit all the above.

Followed the link here from CORE.

Would like to join up with the group once down this way but I work saturday. Going to do the above route(s) sunday sometime. If it looks like you're going to delay until sunday, may try to join in(if thats OK).

That's too bad, 260 is 36 miles long and freshly paved. It's twice as long as 255 and every bit as fun

+1

I rode 260 from Rt7 to 145 and back 3 weeks or so ago. The eastbound lane from 26 to 7 still had to be paved. From 26 to 145 is especially entertaining!!

My usual is 147>145>556>78>536>255(open with a little dirt section) and reverse the route. Definitely adding an out and back on 260 now. There are also lots of options to modify the route and still hit all the above.

Followed the link here from CORE.

Would like to join up with the group once down this way but I work saturday. Going to do the above route(s) sunday sometime. If you delay until sunday, may try to join in(if thats OK).

Everyone is welcome and please see the first post for some general expectations for group riding, that I will be getting to soon. Basically, please be willing to go 70 MPH between curves and bring a bike that is in good repair, no lunch stop is planned and gas stops should be brief.

I would go and just do 260 and 255 both ways if it were just me but I like to make routes that give our northern guys the chance to get to see some different roads. All of 260 is done now but the lines weren't put down everywhere last weekend. They were paving some of 26 when we were down there and if any road work gives us trouble we can change the route easily since you really can't find a bad road down there.

Everyone is welcome and please see the first post for some general expectations for group riding, that I will be getting to soon. Basically, please be willing to go 70 MPH between curves and bring a bike that is in good repair, no lunch stop is planned and gas stops should be brief.

I would go and just do 260 and 255 both ways if it were just me but I like to make routes that give our northern guys the chance to get to see some different roads. All of 260 is done now but the lines weren't put down everywhere last weekend. They were paving some of 26 when we were down there and if any road work gives us trouble we can change the route easily since you really can't find a bad road down there.

don't worry, i'd say eodesmo is a seasoned and generally baller rider. i don't say that lightly.

don't worry, i'd say eodesmo is a seasoned and generally baller rider. i don't say that lightly.

That's why we post a route so the really fast guys can go out front and ride their own pace. Stating a ride will be brisk is meaningless because it means different things to different people. I want everyone to be entertained riding at their own safety level which is at a different pace for everyone. This many miles on these roads with this group shouldn't be tried if you are a newer rider because that will just frustrate everyone.

I have eliminated two of the route options and have eliminated 555 and 536 plus moved the start time back an hour to accommodate time constraints and evening activities. Are there any objections?

Yeah make it a sunday ride!

You make me laugh, that's funny and I don't care one way or the other but if I were you I would be doing a rain dance. If Saturday is nice and it rains Sunday you're in big trouble mister. (That is if you can get enough people to make the day change.)

Well I will be riding on sunday either way if there is no rain. With a group or solo, either way I am getting some seat time in this weekend. Been a long hot week so far and I still have 2 days left for work with a 12 on friday. If I don't make it out with you guys stay safe and have fun. I will be working most weekends from here till fall it looks like. So sundays are my only day I will have to ride.