Northeast group ride 7-31-10

Uncle Punk

Not to turn this into a tire thread, but I put the 2CTs on at 9700 miles, the bike now has 14375 miles, so... I got 4675 miles out of that rear (probably around 4300 since I took it slow once I saw chord).

Is that good for wear? Should I get another Michelin PP 2CT for the rear? Any brands that'll wear longer with equal or better traction?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN..you got 4675 out of a 2CT? I loved the 2CT, but I thought it wore fast. I only got..maybe 3000 if I was lucky. I'd say you did pretty damn good.

Everyone is gonna chime in with their personal favs..you know...like everyone has an asshole...so I'll leave that up to the masses.

According to the forecast it was supposed to be raining the morning, or at least be wet from last night. I woke early to check and the roads were dry.

I got on the road by 7:30a and did a 400+ mile solo ride. The weather was absolutely perfect. I hit a few of the roads you guys rode yesterday. 260 is OK, but there are a lot of unmarked corners that could use a sign. Home by 2:15.

Not to turn this into a tire thread, but I put the 2CTs on at 9700 miles, the bike now has 14375 miles, so... I got 4675 miles out of that rear (probably around 4300 since I took it slow once I saw chord).

Is that good for wear? Should I get another Michelin PP 2CT for the rear? Any brands that'll wear longer with equal or better traction?

You might want to get a Pilot Road 2 (heard ppl getting 10k, out of stock just about everywhere right now), Road Smart ( Heard the same put one on Friday), Road Attack (Just took one off with just under 10k). I've never had a PP because of them wearing out around 5k and can't compare grip.

Wanted to get in on this ride but I had to work all day.

I just got some PR2's on my bike and I had Dunlop Road Smarts on. The PR2 tires are great and I like them a lot better than my Road Smarts. I hear ~10k depending on your riding style with the PR2

Just got back, also did the route solo. I left about 11:30. Awsome weather the entire time. Amazing route. 436 or so miles. Whatever the first newly paved street was. Mabye 376? was my favorite part of the ride. 255 had a few turns that I think mabye the locals switched the signs around on lol, and 260... well what can be said, amazing

Anybody notice the "fight club" house in killbuck? or the red eyed cement rhinoceros in somebodies yard... stuff cracks me up.

And just so I am not OT at this point I have Roadsmarts with 4000+ on them just starting to flat spot.