Bike changes for '08

JohnnyMac

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600s. Back in 1998-2001. You know, the years that the ZX6 was a turd... It was a LOT of work to keep up with the Zooks...

I enjoyed hurrying the 2001 model around VIR. I was so gidddy when i started to deck the pegs (though with my lard ass at the time and mediocre skills it was easy).

I have been chasing a 98-00 model for a few years now. Rob Hancock has been on one since i started to race and his motor is a very good one. I had a run on him out of 10 at putnam at first Fastrax Putanm round pulled along side about mid way to upright already well at WOT. And that was as far as I got.

I even tucked my head face down to get lower and more out of the wind. He still beat me by .049 at the line. About a wheel length.

I enjoyed hurrying the 2001 model around VIR. I was so gidddy when i started to deck the pegs (though with my lard ass at the time and mediocre skills it was easy).

I have been chasing a 98-00 model for a few years now. Rob Hancock has been on one since i started to race and his motor is a very good one. I had a run on him out of 10 at putnam at first Fastrax Putanm round pulled along side about mid way to upright already well at WOT. And that was as far as I got.

I even tucked my head face down to get lower and more out of the wind. He still beat me by .049 at the line. About a wheel length.

Scary thing is that his motor is stock - outside some jet kit and a pipe. I've been trying to sell him one of our left over KIT boxes and KIT clutch parts...

Our motors were pretty tight and ran to the point they needed torn down after two endurance events. Otherwise, bad things would happen. the bottom ends were solid, though. Great bike, but just a pig and low on power. That's why we ran Superbike - otherwise, supersport would have had us chasing our tails...

You don't have to be a dick, I just asked a question. You answered it. I acknowledged you answered my question. Chill out already.

I'm responding in a dick like manner as to how I was responded to. Read it closer. Sarcasm is a funny thing - especially when you don't get it...

Scary thing is that his motor is stock - outside some jet kit and a pipe. I've been trying to sell him one of our left over KIT boxes and KIT clutch parts...

Our motors were pretty tight and ran to the point they needed torn down after two endurance events. Otherwise, bad things would happen. the bottom ends were solid, though. Great bike, but just a pig and low on power. That's why we ran Superbike - otherwise, supersport would have had us chasing our tails...

I still wonder if my motor lost some after it over heated and blew the head gasket couple years ago.

I still wonder if my motor lost some after it over heated and blew the head gasket couple years ago.

Welllllllll.... I mean, if it wasn't put back together correctly, I'd say so. I mean, Mike's 2001 600 we rode at Putnam that one year wasn't a Superbike motor like Jonas has, but we were only one second off his pace in endurance mode... It had nowhere near the build we did to the Kaw's and it was WAY better. Maybe not by much as I think we were at 110 RW on the 2000-2001s. But, I think with a Supersport build to that 2001, we were at that number.

Stock, I think the ZX6 was at about 100. Maybe 105 properly tuned in race set-up...

got the yellow tires on. the front used to be a avon and the rear was a maxxis. looks real cool. i bet they really hook up. going to nelson as soon as i can. you can see some bugs in the retread tires but i get the tires hot enough to wear them out. i have 46 psi in the front and 48 in the rear. should be good going by thier specs.

BTW no way on HELL i would ever run those tires. dunlop 209 right now

I am selling the GSXR.If anyone wants its.I will be getting a different bike,probably a harley.Maybe a sportster.

:wheelchair: getting old huh? :rolleyes:

I'm selling my bike too. the bike is just too fast and very dangerous. Just got an offer about 3 months ago, for $15K but I'm still waiting for a better offer. Anyone interested?

:wheelchair: getting old huh? :rolleyes:

I'm selling my bike too. the bike is just too fast and very dangerous. Just got an offer about 3 months ago, for $15K but I'm still waiting for a better offer. Anyone interested?

Weird that there are now 3 people here talking of selling. To each their own.

waxed it too. who waxes a helmet. i don't really think that i have ever "cleaned" mine. just scrape the bugs off. i guarentee i have never washed or cleaned my jacket.

Waxing the helmet can reduce the drag coefficient thus allowing for better accleration and remove the strain on the riders neck as they hold their head up. This makes for a more comfortable ride and last long throughout the day.

Waxing the helmet can reduce the drag coefficient thus allowing for better accleration and remove the strain on the riders neck as they hold their head up. This makes for a more comfortable ride and last long throughout the day.

+1. That's one of the main reasons I've cleaned and waxed mine.

I've cleaned and waxed my jacket once a week until I have to store it for winter.

no wai.