Dublin, Ohio area riding group

Doc M

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is that darn LIKE button again? Oh wait.. this isn't Facebook. DOH! :)

Just for you..I redid my signature to add a fb link...though I don't really use fb much at all..it sounds like you're a facebook addict lol

Anyone interested in heading to the Tilton Hilton at Indian Lake? Possibly Sunday? The back way takes about an hour and a half, and we usually take 33 home (about and hour). Great burgers and sides for about 6 bucks. Very biker friendly. The place is a bit old school, in that it only takes cash, no bank/money cards.

Sounds good to me: a decent ride, but not too far for my first official outing. Out of curiosity, what do people usually wear for this type of trip? I have a helmet, gloves, mesh jacket/pants, and boots...kind of like a knight riding into battle. Do people wear all this type of stuff and deal with being hot once they get there, or is there some middle ground? There might be a mix of opinions, but I'm curious what works for others.

I'm one of those..ATGATT people! (All the gear, all the time!) Well, at least anytime it's more then 2 miles away. Me personally? My suit and gloves, are Kevlar..then I wear a helmet and boots of course.

I'd say the majority of the riders I ride with, wear helmet, perforated leather jacket, gloves, high quality over pants or draggin jeans, and boots. Some are in Mesh stuff.

Every now and then, a squid will join one of the groups I'm in. Shorts, no helmet..tennis shoes..etc., you know the type. When I was younger...(aka the first 11 years I was on a bike..)I was one of those people... but now, after seeing some crashes and what can happen, they tend to make me feel uncomfortable when they are in the same group.

On the streets, You'll see a lot of people wear mesh because it is typically cooler..but if you've ever seen Mesh gear, melted into the skin after a slide..you kind of start to not like Mesh stuff.

If you are just learning though, you should most definitely wear everything you can, just to be safe. Not saying anything is going to happen, but the chances are definitely higher.

Personally, I'd rather sweat some, then risk losing skin and needing a skin graph, or worse!

Not trying to come off like i'm preaching..just trying to answer! It's your life, you can wear anything you want.

Yea, I just got done buying some gear need to buy a new jacket though, one I bought was a bit too small :) So I need to hit up the Pony or wear my leather jacket if its not too hot to ride in considering its mainly for the cold and winter

ATGATT it is! That's definitely the way I lean anyway.

It's a shame about mesh melting into the skin… I hope I never get to see that. The helpful Iron Pony representative told me mesh was good enough protection and that leather leads to a whole lot more sweating. Maybe I'll see the difference soon. In any case, thanks for sharing. Sounds like I won't be the only one suited up.

So, when/where we meet on Sunday? I'm reading rave reviews on the Tilton Hilton's burgers and prices. Me hungry. :bbq:

Um, ride Fri or Sat?

Perhaps north to Coshocton at a cruiser pace.

Make it a photo ride, lots of pics.

Lunch.

And ride some more.

Have great stories and no causalities.

Weather is perfect!

Lets get some new members involved.

Anybody like this idea?

leave at noon and get back just after dark...

Meet at Shell 270@Sawmill

161 to 62

62 to 13

36 to 715

715 to 36

lunch

79 to 16

16 to 270

270 to home

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=col

Your thoughts...

I have messaged a number of people on this item. If you didn't get the message blame your friends. :)

Edited by Strictly Street
thoughts, information

Um, ride Fri or Sat?

Perhaps north to Coshocton at a cruiser pace.

Make it a photo ride, lots of pics.

Lunch.

And ride some more.

Have great stories and no causalities.

Weather is perfect!

Lets get some new members involved.

Anybody like this idea?

leave at noon and get back just after dark...

Meet at Shell 270@Sawmill

161 to 62

62 to 13

36 to 715

715 to 36

lunch

79 to 16

16 to 270

270 to home

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=col

Your thoughts...

I have messaged a number of people on this item. If you didn't get the message blame your friends. :)

send me details... i m down

Work Friday. Riding in the Terry McDowell poker run Saturday.

Weather this weekend is sunshine.gif

Looks like its not such a good weekend for getting another ride together.

Everybody seems like they are going on this one' date=' which does look like a good cause btw [url']http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=63348

Might even go on that one myself. :)

So far I have 1 vote for Sunday though. I'm not stuck on a route either. The one I laid out was just a sugguestion for a tour through Coshockton.

I'd be down for a hocking hills ride also. Concept here is a cruiser ride. Perhaps some new riders to the group?