Dublin, Ohio area riding group

Doc M

Well, now I've seen a couple of ideas but I'm not clear on what's actually going to happen. :confused:

If anyone's going to Indian Lake, give me a holler. Same deal for Coshocton as long as it's not cruiser only (I like 'em, but I didn't find recently-made cruisers in my price range).

If nothing comes together, I'll ride around up north on Sunday until I get lost like I did last week. :rolleyes:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of those..ATGATT people! (All the gear, all the time!) Well, at least anytime it's more then 2 miles away. Me personally? My suit and gloves, are Kevlar..then I wear a helmet and boots of course.

I'd say the majority of the riders I ride with, wear helmet, perforated leather jacket, gloves, high quality over pants or draggin jeans, and boots. Some are in Mesh stuff.

Every now and then, a squid will join one of the groups I'm in. Shorts, no helmet..tennis shoes..etc., you know the type. When I was younger...(aka the first 11 years I was on a bike..)I was one of those people... but now, after seeing some crashes and what can happen, they tend to make me feel uncomfortable when they are in the same group.

On the streets, You'll see a lot of people wear mesh because it is typically cooler..but if you've ever seen Mesh gear, melted into the skin after a slide..you kind of start to not like Mesh stuff.

If you are just learning though, you should most definitely wear everything you can, just to be safe. Not saying anything is going to happen, but the chances are definitely higher.

Personally, I'd rather sweat some, then risk losing skin and needing a skin graph, or worse!

Not trying to come off like i'm preaching..just trying to answer! It's your life, you can wear anything you want.[/quote]

Not trying to rile up the helmet fans here but I'm glad to hear someone finally say this. I wear everything but the helmet although it's not because my helmet is too hot or because it looks "cool" not wearing one.

Also, if I don't end up going to the Jimbo's rodeo on Sunday, I'd be down for a ride. Just pm me the meeting time and place.

Just found out about a family obligation I didn't plan for Sunday so I wont be able to go to Indian Lake (or elsewhere), this weekend. I'm still interested in getting together with people to ride, as originally posted in this thread. As shown in my bike info., I ride a Harley, but I'm willing to do rides with any type of bike.

As for the equipment discussion, sometimes I wear a helmet, sometimes I don't. Alot of it depends on the type of ride I'm going on ie. a large group, the weather, highway or not, etc.

Looking forward to riding with some of you in the future.

He was saying cruiser speed ride... Aka.... slower paced riding ...i'm sure all are welcome as long as you are happy with the pace.

Sunday would be a maybe if it's a This weekend ride

Cruiser speed ride indeed. Not "Cruising" :supergay:

A chance for some of the newer riders to keep up and get the "group ride" feeling. Learn how to do it, hand signals, lane management and that kinda thing at under 200mph. :eek:

Some of the sport riders here are so very fast that a new rider, or an older bike has no chance of keeping up. Which would kinda ruin the ride for both riders. :(

It looks like we have a few interested people for Sunday, Great!

Any preference as to a route?

Hocking?

Coshocton?

Ride around 270 all day?

I want to go on a ride in the morning really bad...but I can't head all the way out to Coshocton or Hocking since I won't have my wheelchair handy to get off. If any of you guys in the sawmill/270 area want to go on a 30-50ish mile ride around this area and back, let me know.

I'm in for some other time. I'm a "returning" rider and these easy rides are a good idea. I rode today since tomorrow is busy -- I did some Coshocton/Holmes County roads. Beautiful day and very fun. I do worry about doing these solo sometimes though.

I ended up following a guy for a while today in a blue Sprint ST(I think) on 520 in Holmes County. It was nice to watch him carve some corners at a sane (but faster than me) pace. Kind of confidence inspiring. He motioned for me to keep up with him but after a few blind rises that I took a bit too slow, he was gone. This was particularly embarrassing since he had his girlfriend on the back!

Thanks -- I'll watch this space.

I'm in for some other time. I'm a "returning" rider and these easy rides are a good idea. I rode today since tomorrow is busy -- I did some Coshocton/Holmes County roads. Beautiful day and very fun. I do worry about doing these solo sometimes though.

I ended up following a guy for a while today in a blue Sprint ST(I think) on 520 in Holmes County. It was nice to watch him carve some corners at a sane (but faster than me) pace. Kind of confidence inspiring. He motioned for me to keep up with him but after a few blind rises that I took a bit too slow, he was gone. This was particularly embarrassing since he had his girlfriend on the back!

Its starting to look like it was a bad weekend to try to plan a ride.

So far there are only a couple of people who are in for this after all the other rides this weekend. The season isn't over yet! :)

There will be other weekends to ride. Lets keep the idea alive and ride some other weekend when we can get 6-8 riders or better to go.

I'm out for tomorrow too, I was helping a friend move today and on the way home my bike's rear tire went flat thanks to a screw someone kindly left in a parking lot. :( Instead of riding tomorrow I get to sit at Iron Pony and wait for a new tire.

So far there are only a couple of people who are in for this after all the other rides this weekend. The season isn't over yet! :)

Yeah we rode all day today in the Terry McDowell poker run otherwise I'd went on Sunday but I got

lots of stuff around the house I need to do since we were gone all day Saturday.

Dont be embarrassed, always ride at a pace you are comfortable with and enjoy the ride. Its not a race out there, unless you are racing. :D

There will be other weekends to ride. Lets keep the idea alive and ride some other weekend when we can get 6-8 riders or better to go.

I'd be down if I didnt have to work all night tomorrow.

So what days/times work for you and Mr. Dgtl Grl? I think that Ride for Kids was the only ride I've seen you on.

We rode yesterday. To Sawmill then to Roberts Rd.. all back roads - Riverside.

See.. I've got this pesky but necessary job thing going on .. so evenings or weekends are best.

I may have to cage it in a few though.. gah. I need groceries and there is only so much I can fit in saddlebags.

We rode yesterday. To Sawmill then to Roberts Rd.. all back roads - Riverside.

See.. I've got this pesky but necessary job thing going on .. so evenings or weekends are best.

I may have to cage it in a few though.. gah. I need groceries and there is only so much I can fit in saddlebags.

Where was My invite? I was at the YMCA swimming in the morning, then was home all day! Sigh..I think, you guys just discriminate against the Almighty Busa !

:busa:

Pesky jobs suck! but yeah, they are needed. Weekends are usually good for most, so that isn't the problem... You guys just need to get out more!

No caging it for groceries..less trips, more often! That way the food is fresher too lol. I can haul a lot of stuff on my bike..more then your silly cruiser can carry!! but I'm always forgotten about :cry:!