coshocton ride saturday

Hutch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, after watching a couple times, that looked like a good piece of riding and a sound last minute decision. Glad all turned out well.

edit: actually, last second decision.

Drifting is awesome. :)

It's a lost art on motorcycle, for on the street anyway. I believe that putting old bias ply tires on a bike would make it much easier. These newer radials are so sticky compared to what I remember "back-in-the-day". With old style tires, sliding the rear wheel around a corner was fun.

It's a lost art on motorcycle, for on the street anyway. I believe that putting old bias ply tires on a bike would make it much easier. These newer radials are so sticky compared to what I remember "back-in-the-day". With old style tires, sliding the rear wheel around a corner was fun.

I can just imagine the "pucker factor" the first few times though! :D

I can just imagine the "pucker factor" the first few times though! :D

It's something that will eventually happen to all riders. I've been caught drifting on streets that were wet or didn't look wet but were slippery. Let it spin but not too much, control the throttle. And don't suddenly let off the throttle either, it will jerk the bike upright and wobble around. Smooth is good.

It's something that will eventually happen to all riders. I've been caught drifting on streets that were wet or didn't look wet but were slippery. Let it spin but not too much, control the throttle. And don't suddenly let off the throttle either, it will jerk the bike upright and wobble around. Smooth is good.

"Wobble around" is best case. Launch you to the moon highside is worst case. This can happen even if you don't chop the throttle, if the rear regains traction when the bike is out of shape.