Got a ticket today...

RSVDon

You know... you probably could've outrun him. I've traveled that same road many times, I'm very well familiar with that area. Even when the chopper is dispatched, I outrun them too.

:D

Seriously though, you should fight it if you have time. It's a learning experience. At the very least, see if they'll (the county/city prosecutor) cop a plea with you. Some have better things to do than deal with speeders clogging their system. YMMV, but the cleaner the record the better chance you have to plea... the goal is to keep this stuff OFF your record.

The outlay of $$$ isn't the big deal, it's the points and insurance that bone you for 36 months -- plus your driving record for life (which is better to stay clean if you ever have to call in a REALLY big favor)

Lol, been doing this shit for 5 years with fast cars/bikes. It's always bothered me till this one.

i guess at some point you get used to it. I just recently got my 2nd ticket in 10 years of driving (and i do ALOT of driving and by no means drive slow) and got pulled over and knew I was getting a ticket. Didnt even think anything of it other than cut the check and forget about it

You know... you probably could've outrun him. I've traveled that same road many times, I'm very well familiar with that area. Even when the chopper is dispatched, I outrun them too.

:D

Seriously though, you should fight it if you have time. It's a learning experience. At the very least, see if they'll cop a plea with you. The outlay of $$$ isn't the big deal, it's the points and insurance that bone you for 36 months.

Well, about that.

First, I handed cop the wrong insurance card (bike instead of car). He didn't know what my car was (due to the Holden conversion) and wrote on the ticket that I was in a 2002 Aprilia Mille. Also, the Ape card was an old one that clearly states "no coverage" (it was my comp only winter storage card) and he never said a word about it. I corrected him on the vehicle but don't see where he marked it on the ticket that he wrote it wrong. Second, the court date is the first day back to class, and it's in Wentzville, MO which is quite a ways away from Flint. Third, after travel, court costs, and my failure to get my ticket reduced (because it's a mayor's court I believe) I'm boned no matter which way I go.

Still trying to figure out if Ohio BMV communicates with Missouri regarding points. If no, I won't worry about it. If they do, that sucks...

Still trying to figure out if Ohio BMV communicates with Missouri regarding points. If no, I won't worry about it. If they do, that sucks...

From my understanding points don't transfer from state to state. Like if your license has six points in Ohio and move to Kentucky your points in Ky are at zero. I've asked people working at the bmv when I got my first ticket. Hopefully this information is right but I'm not 100% sure.

From my understanding points don't transfer from state to state. Like if your license has six points in Ohio and move to Kentucky your points in Ky are at zero. I've asked people working at the bmv when I got my first ticket. Hopefully this information is right but I'm not 100% sure.

I know that Michigan communicates with the Ohio BMV. So do their points. ;)

The violation will transfer (I got popped in Iowa early this year and it shows on my license) but the points probably won't unless there's a compact in place between the two states saying it will.

Well, about that.

I know that Ohio and Kentucky do. Had OH. liscense suspended for a KY. offense 7 or 8 yrs. ago. I didnt even know till a wildlife officer wrote me a ticket for not enough lifevests in my jon boat almost a year later. I even re-newed my plates no problem.:dunno:

Check this out, pay the fine by check, except, add another $5.00 to the amount.

The clerk will send You a check for $5.00 back.

NOW, NEVER CASH THE CHECK, AND THE CLERK CAN NEVER SEND IN THE INFRACTION TO THE OBMV IN COLUMBUS>BELEIVE ME< IT WORKS!!!!!

NO POINTS!!!!!

Keep the back rubber down, & have a safe Day!!

hmm. They never bothered me much untill one day I got a notice of 10 points...

I always hate to see my insurance bill. That's what I think sucks more than anything. I don't mind paying the fine for the speed, but when my insurance goes up for years, that ticks me off! Scammers!

Good luck with it. I consider this harrassment & taxation without representation.

Lol, I broke the law. I have no problem with that. I'd rather just pay my tax and move on without the no-lube ass reaming I'll get from having a moving violation on insurance.

• 1 month later...