need suggestions on a new cage

redrocket04

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbss is about 40k new also, but hes talking about buying something up to 2 years old, and the tbss holds its value better than a 1500 ram

msrp on a base model 4x4 1500 quad cab is 29k (just confirmed on dodges website)...so low 20s for a used one if he wants it within 2 years old and still under factory warranty

msrp on a base tbss is 39k....sure with options a ram can get expensive...hell you can fully deck out a 3500 and get the price up to 70-80k....but i assumed since he tossed a regular trailblazer into his options, that he wasnt looking for a fully decked out ram...i assumed if the ram he wanted was 40k, he would have included the tbss instead of the regular tb

a tbss thats super low mile, still under warranty, and 2 years old or newer, is going to run 8-10k more (on average) than a 1500 ram (assuming its an average truck, and not fully loaded) meeting the same criteria ....which is why i mentioned a regular trailblazer as the option i would look into, not the tbss

Edited by Steve Butters

looking at mid $20s give or take, so while a tbss is sweet, it probably won't work for me. Ram quad cab is the new one. Fj cruiser was mentioned, as well. I hadn't considered, but will look into those, as well.

With current rebates... you could get a base model 4wd avalanche for just over $30k . Or, if you wanted a 1500 base model crew cab Silverado/Sierra -- that'd be even cheaper.

Or -- decked out crew cab small truck, Colorado/Canyon 4WD with 5.3L V8 for under $30k as well.

I had an 05 4runner for company car way back in 05. The gas mileage is definitely a concern. , but I'm too poor for a new Tundra. 4runner might be an option.

We get 20+ mpg with ours and it still has plenty of power.

I've always liked those. Do they suffer from the frame rot epidemic like the trucks?

No. That was only on 95-02 Tundras with frames from a certain factory.

not a big fan of any of those choices but I would probably go with a tahoe out of the choices. Me and my wife just bought a new 2010 tundra crew cab 4.6 2wd walked out of the dealership with a fucking steal. It was stickered at 31 left out the door at 22 with a 5grand deposit. and we got 0 percent.

If you absolutely must buy a GM...then I guess the Tahoe would be my pick, or an Avalanche. I am not a fan of the TB/Envoy, my uncle had one and it was in the shop A LOT. If it were me with that budget looking for a nice SUV I would check out the newer Ford Explorers and Sport-Trac.

shawns 4runner lbts

Whatever you say Fordboy. :rolleyes: And its Angels 4Runner, I just got to pay for it.

If you absolutely must buy a GM...then I guess the Tahoe would be my pick, or an Avalanche. I am not a fan of the TB/Envoy, my uncle had one and it was in the shop A LOT. If it were me with that budget looking for a nice SUV I would check out the newer Ford Explorers and Sport-Trac.

Exploder? Oh Gawd! :nono: