need suggestions on a new cage

redrocket04

I'm getting a new cage in the next two weeks, so if any of you have experience with any of these, or can offer suggestions,for things not mentioned, let me know.

Chevy Tahoe LT.

GMC Yukon

Chevy Trailblazer

Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab

chevy impala

All of these are new or less than two years old, so warranty is included. I don't tow a whole lot, and it's not like I will have a ton of cow shit in the bed, but it's nice to have the ability. I've got a baby coming that's due not soon, but it will come sooner than I think, I'm sure, so safety is important, too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new Camaro and it is AWESOME. The dealer even fits two car seats in the back. I know I know... not on the list but hey, I love it! As for the list, I love the Yukon or the Tahoe. I noticed the 8-4 cylinder thing didnt do a whole lot. But this was a few years ago so it may be better now.

I have a new ram 1500 crew cab big horn 4x4. The motor is a beast in all aspects 400 hp. Gas mileage is horrible. I get about 11-12 city 15 -17 highway. With the true 4 doors the interior is huge. Negative is small bed. It's not a work truck so it doesn't matter. Love the truck. Wires dad has the quad cab 7 ft bed. That interior is smaller but plenty room for 3 adults. We both have had multiple dodges with no problems.

I have a new Camaro and it is AWESOME. The dealer even fits two car seats in the back. I know I know... not on the list but hey, I love it! As for the list, I love the Yukon or the Tahoe. I noticed the 8-4 cylinder thing didnt do a whole lot. But this was a few years ago so it may be better now.

My truck has the mdvs or whatever it's called. Bullshit. Only kicks down when on level ground and maintaing a steady foot. Hardly happens.

Used MDX. Let some other schmucko take the depreciation hit, three rows of seats if you want them, and... well.... it's a Honda.

From your list, I only have experience with the Impala. My in-laws are on their second one in five years and have had zero problems. They love it.

Congrats on the baby!!! By the way, have you seen the LBTS smiley? You're a legend.

My truck has the mdvs or whatever it's called. Bullshit. Only kicks down when on level ground and maintaing a steady foot. Hardly happens.

Precisely... I didnt think it did a whole lot at all when I was driving it. It took work to get it to go to 4.

Used MDX. Let some other schmucko take the depreciation hit, three rows of seats if you want them, and... well.... it's a Honda.

From your list, I only have experience with the Impala. My in-laws are on their second one in five years and have had zero problems. They love it.

Congrats on the baby!!! By the way, have you seen the LBTS smiley? You're a legend.

3 rows of useless seats. I had a Durango with 3rd row seating . Got used never due to zero leg room. I guess it's ok if your putting a little kid back there, then you lose storage space for goceries etc

mmmm Tahoe's I wanted one so bad but ended up with my 2010 2500HD

Between my family and our company vehicles, we've had around 25-30 GM trucks and SUV's that see daily driver duty and with proper maintenance and care they have had no major issues. The only things I can think of is a 99 Tahoe had the trans replaced at 210k, an 03 1500 Silverado had the engine replaced at 190k-ish and the 02 TrailBlazer had a rear end replaced around 150k. Needless to say we put LOTS of mileage on these vehicles and I have zero complaints

I've seen the lbts smilie, after being told about it. Who knew that would still be going strong months later. I'd probably buy it if it were still for sale, too. That's how much I'm wanting a cheap bike.

I had considered a honda pilot, but meh. The mdx doesn't do much for me, and I don't need three rows, so it's a non-issue.

thanks for the baby congrats, btw. :)

mmmm Tahoe's I wanted one so bad but ended up with my 2010 2500HD

Between my family and our company vehicles, we've had around 25-30 GM trucks and SUV's that see daily driver duty and with proper maintenance and care they have had no major issues. The only things I can think of is a 99 Tahoe had the trans replaced at 210k, an 03 1500 Silverado had the engine replaced at 190k-ish and the 02 TrailBlazer had a rear end replaced around 150k. Needless to say we put LOTS of mileage on these vehicles and I have zero complaints

Impressive!

I know the front ends are the same on tahoe and avalanche, but I don't love the newer avalanches. I do like the older style, but finding a super low mileage one is about impossible.

You might change your mind if you drove a newer one with all the amenities. With the Avy, you can have your Tahoe and truck bed too, for the few times you need it.

3 rows of useless seats. I had a Durango with 3rd row seating . Got used never due to zero leg room. I guess it's ok if your putting a little kid back there, then you lose storage space for goceries etc

Kid #3 would beg to differ. Pulls my boat, navigates Painesville winters, keeps the kids happy.