Really sick of political threads

attackpainter

when i shelter myself from other nobody can rain on my parade

I think Pauly got his parade "rained" on, see below!

I blocked Justin' date=' but Chevs kept quoting him. Ben's failsauce became vividly apparent.

Wait... that didn't come out right.

Shit... wait, neither did that. :facepalm:[/quote']

It is getting very old and there are a few people in particular who think this is C-Span rather than a website dedicated to motorcycles.

I guess I should just do the same as Ben and not read 'em, but when you hit the homepage and there are multiple political threads, come on already.

I don't mind it. Ohio Riders is my one-stop-shop, my Walmart of the interwebs. Everything is here to suit your fancy. I'll keep coming back as long as Ben doesn't sell off the site to the Chinese.

Edited by Cypress

I don't mind it. Ohio Riders is my one-stop-shop, my Walmart of the interwebs. Everything is here to suit your fancy. I'll keep coming back as long as Ben doesn't sell off the site to the Chinese.

Yep this is my number one forum. I get everything I would be trolling for on the rest the internet right here.

It is getting very old and there are a few people in particular who think this is C-Span rather than a website dedicated to motorcycles.

I guess I should just do the same as Ben and not read 'em, but when you hit the homepage and there are multiple political threads, come on already.

politics in general annoy me. When I don't want to be annoyed then I simply click on the politics forum and mark all as read and bam out of my new posts feed, well for like 15 seconds

But then there are the days I'm bored at work and am entertained by the drama and craziness of those threads and makes me laugh. Hell sometimes I actually even keep an open mind and learn something, its mind boggling

Paul-

I'm with you. I'm also (even though I love talking firearms and would love to buy more than I have) a little tired of the firearms stuff.

My suggestion would be to take the political and firearms threads and still have them, but simply make it so they do not get shown on the home page where the newest threads and posts are shown.

If I were a new member, I'd see a lot of firearms, politics, and introductions.

Don't mind the introductions, but a lot of times, the two topics in question have been over 50% of the threads...

My thoughts are that maybe we eliminate the home page with the newest threads and just have the forums shown when you go to the Home section of the site. Or, like I stated where the politics, firearms and even intros are left in the site's forums, but doesn't get shown on the home page...

It is a motorcycling site like Paul mentioned and I agree with others that off-topic or political stuff is nature. However, having that be shown as even 30% or more on the homepage is kind of a bummer...

politics in general annoy me. When I don't want to be annoyed then I simply click on the politics forum and mark all as read and bam out of my new posts feed, well for like 15 seconds

But then there are the days I'm bored at work and am entertained by the drama and craziness of those threads and makes me laugh. Hell sometimes I actually even keep an open mind and learn something, its mind boggling

Great example here. If the threads were still around, that's fine. But, if their forums was to never be in the new section or in the home page area, you'd still have the opportunity to click on them and be entertained, right? Still there, just subtle and less focus on them.

Agreed. Fusion and Jrmi are homos, but not the good kind like Sam and Fonzie. .

Wow you have some strange fantasy about wanting us to be gay. Sorry Max no matter how much you want it, we aren't going to magically catch the gheys and let you have your way with us.

What kind of leadership do we have here?! A member - sponsor no less - is posting about the overwhelming number of politics threads and what do you go and do? Tell fuckers to vote on it! Injecting more political-type things into an anti-political thread! You have no sense of what your members or sponsors need. Do you not hear the cries of your oppressed members? ('elp! 'elp! I'm being repressed!) Shame on you Casper, shame on you. :nono:

Oh, and with jbot on the pr0n. More bewbs, pls. :cool:

Wait. Um, I mean, nevermind.

Hey Casper could you ever make it where you could just "ignore" a certain section like R&R or Politics? That way it wouldn't show up when you are logged in.

I'm personally not against either, I just weed through what I don't want to read.

And sorry if someone already asked this, but obviously ^.