FREE BEER!! (if you fix my gps headphone jack)

danballa

I'm not sure this is the right section, so please move it to the correct one if it isn't.

So, I have a Garmin 765t GPS mounted on my bike, that I have used for about 13k this year. Earlier today, I started having problems with the headphone jack of it. It is cutting in and out, and ended up being completely silent for awhile. Using some Wonderful duct tape at a stop, I taped the male part of my headphones with some pressure to the side, to the GPS, and I got one ear working steady. Got home, and tested it with a couple different headphones, and it is definitely the jack Inside of the GPS. The normal speaker is working the same say. It won't work at all, unless the external earphone jack is pressed just right into the GPS jack.

Basically, it's a good enough GPS for me, I don't want to toss it out, and I don't really have the money to buy a new one. I need the headphones working so that I don't actually have to look down at it while riding, I can just listen to the audio directions.

I'm offering a free case of BEER to anyone around Central Ohio that fixes it for me. I'll bring it to you within a 50 mile radius of Marysville. I'll pay for the new jack too (if needed), and I'll buy you a case of BEER too! If you don't drink beer, how about some PIZZA!!! or tell me what you want instead.

If no one local can fix it, and someone farther away can, please speak up. I'll figure out a way to get it to you. Closer people get first chance though.

Thanks a lot!

:busa: