Do you tip your tatto artist?

mojocho

I have a tip jar in my pizza shop that I run, however it is not because we expect tips it is because for some God unknown reason quite a few people tip us when they pick up their food and we need somewhere to put it so we can split it at the end of the night. I do not understand why people tip me when they pick up their food but hey thats on them. Now when I deliver I do get a little pissed off when people do not tip or give a really shitty tip, especially if the food is right and was there within the time frame that I told them it would be not to mention we dont have a delivery charge.

I have a tip jar in my pizza shop that I run, however it is not because we expect tips it is because for some God unknown reason quite a few people tip us when they pick up their food and we need somewhere to put it so we can split it at the end of the night. I do not understand why people tip me when they pick up their food but hey thats on them. Now when I deliver I do get a little pissed off when people do not tip or give a really shitty tip, especially if the food is right and was there within the time frame that I told them it would be not to mention we dont have a delivery charge.

How much is a reasonable pizza delivery tip these days? I don't typically order pizza anymore, I used to a lot when I was younger. Back then 2 or 3 bucks seemed like a reasonable tip (think late 90s), but anymore I feel like a dick if I give less than $5. Not even sure if thats a "good" tip anymore tho considering gas prices, economy, etc.

@ Hollywood: who was your artist?

Yeah! Don't go to a shop because its recommended. Go to a particular artist. They're not all equal, and not all good. Was in Aldi one day with my daughter. Saw a tattoo that I liked, so started talking to the guy about who did it, etc. Embarrassed the crap out of my daughter. The guys little brother had gotten one b/c big brother had one, and is now using Wrecking Balm to try to get rid of it. "Its not working".

Uhm, whoops.

Make sure the artist is good, cuz if you don't like it, you're SOL.

Got my newest on the back of my calf a couple of weeks ago. Having trouble with a couple of spots healing.

yes, and my long time artist is a good friend, and he hooks me up big time (because im his friend, and because my skin has gotten him international recognition) If he gives me what he would charge $500 to anyone else for $150-200 like he usually does, i throw him like 50 bones. same if I get one for free :D

I do tip the artist, and here's why.. Unless that artist is the owner of the shop, chances are, whatever your paying him, he's only seeing %50 percent of it. but whatever you tip him, it would be his to keep. And most artist do appreciate it. and will tend to hook you up from then on.

...not to mention we dont have a delivery charge.

That's another thing...

We don't hardly ever get delivery, but if the shop's chargin' a "delivery fee".... I usually take that off what I'd normally tip

How much is a reasonable pizza delivery tip these days? I don't typically order pizza anymore, I used to a lot when I was younger. Back then 2 or 3 bucks seemed like a reasonable tip (think late 90s), but anymore I feel like a dick if I give less than $5. Not even sure if thats a "good" tip anymore tho considering gas prices, economy, etc.

My average is around $4 but it all depends on the order. If it is a $10 order and I get $2 thats fine but if it is a $75 order and I get $2 then I will be kind of pissed. I feel like it should be around 10% or so because the higher the amount of the order the more shit I have to bring to you.

That's another thing...

We don't hardly ever get delivery, but if the shop's chargin' a "delivery fee".... I usually take that off what I'd normally tip

Exactly why I will not charge people for delivery. The worst part about it is that most shops that do charge a fee take part of it so the driver gets a lower tip and only part of the fee so it fucks the driver over.

Awesome, I'd love to own a pizza shop.:cool: I tip when they deliver, but it's normally pizza hut here and they charge me a $2.50 delivery fee on TOP of my $10 order. I normally tip $3 for my order which comes to $5.50 if you consider their $2.50 fee. I also only live 1/2 mile from Pizza Hut. I only get it delivered because I have babys I'm watching and don't want to take them out for just that little trip. I LOATHE the fee though! At 18 I delivered for Papa Johns in 1996 and there was no fee then. I got GREAT TIPS! I made around $50 a night during week plus my $7/hr. Friday/Saturday nights I made over $100 in tips plus my $7/hr! I lived at home then so I was balling! :)

They have delivery fees now that fuck everything up. I hate them.

Edited by NinjaNick

yes, and my long time artist is a good friend, and he hooks me up big time (because im his friend, and because my skin has gotten him international recognition) If he gives me what he would charge $500 to anyone else for $150-200 like he usually does, i throw him like 50 bones. same if I get one for free :D

Photos of the famous one?

I appreciate all the comments. Pretty divided opinion.\\

I got the tat last night:

tat.jpg

The image is a Tiger "protecting" a Rat, Rabbit, & Rooster. I was born in the year of the tiger, my daughter was born in the year of the Rat, my wife the Rabbit, and my son the Rooster. The rat is more toward the back so that one is cut off in the pic

This is on the right calf.

Artist is Blair from Art Bomb in Massillon, Oh. I personally think it turned out great! Especially since I gave him a lot of discretion on what I wanted. Obviously the animals and said I wanted the tiger in a protective stance. Black and gray and not cartoonish. And he came up with this and loved it as soon as I saw it.

And for the record, I tipped Blair for the following reasons:

1. Great job as an artist in creating the sketch from limited direction

2. He was pretty fun to work with

3. patient as I needed a couple of breaks during the session (to hide in the bathroom and cry a little)

4. It looks freakin awesome

5. I plan on going back.