What American accent do you have?

chevysoldier

Take the quiz, post your results. Should be interesting if there is any difference since the majority of us are in Ohio.

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=go_detail&sub_action=take&obj_id=9827&take_again=yes

Mine is:

Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing

Really? Huh.

Western

Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.

Really? Huh.

Western

Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.

And THIS is why I figured it would get interesting. :lol: I know a girl that has lived in Ohio all her life but she sounds like she is from Texas.

Neutral for me, but not unusual for the mid ohio area. Nor unusual since I grew up in six different states / eight different cities scattered all over the country.

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

diausa.gif

pop_soda_coke.gif

Edited by ReconRat

Lol

Which American accent do you have?

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)

Lol

Northeastern

This could either mean an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey which doesn't sound the same. Just because you got this result doesn't mean you don`t pronounce R's.(People in Jersey don`t call their state "Joisey" in real life)

Joisey, I just busted out laughing saying that for some reason.

I guess I dunno what "North" is. The southern-most I've lived was Mansfield, the northern-most; Flint, MI

I'd consider that "North".

My Results:

full_240673695.jpg

Western

I am glad this quiz didn't ask if you inadvertently add "sh" to the beginning of words. I have a real bad habit of doing it and not realizing it. But thanks to Josh I know every time it happens.....

Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

My Results:

full_274031330.jpg

North Central

What people call the "Minnesota accent." Sounds almost Canadian. You may have even been asked if you were from Canada before.

That's funny as I've spent the last 2 weeks in Northwestern Minnesota.