first dirtbike!

attentiongetter92

whats good my people?!?!? i just got a 93 cr250r from marysville honda(amazing service there i HIGHLY recomend them). rode it around the neighborhood when i got home and its so much different then my cbr. no power starting off but dang. full throttle is awesome. where do you guys ride at? im looking forward to getting out on the trails

Just a suggestion, since you mentioned this is your first dirt bike, stay off MX tracks for a couple years. You have the right idea with trails. Wayne National Forest and Perry Co. APV will both be shutting down for the winter real soon if they haven't already. Good luck and ride safe.

whats good my people?!?!? i just got a 93 cr250r from marysville honda

Your in Marysville and got a dirt bike? At least tell me you have some land to ride on. Otherwise it will be a long winter looking at the bike thinking about why you got it.:rolleyes:

Learning to fall is part of it all. I looked and Pike forest doesn't close till Nov 30th so you have two weekends to go play down there. Don't forget to get a trail sticker though, Pike is patrolled daily.

So i went to start it today with a fresh tank and the guys out at marysville said 32:1 mix, i bought pro honda hp2 and put 1 pint to 4 gallons of gas which(according to the bottle) gave me a 32:1 mix. it wont start now. whats wrong with it oh magical mechanics?

Your ratio is correct. If you're a newb putting around on a 2 stroke motocross bike there is a good chance you've fouled the plug. Get a new plug and I bet it fires.

Your ratio is correct. If you're a newb putting around on a 2 stroke motocross bike there is a good chance you've fouled the plug. Get a new plug and I bet it fires.

newb to dirtbikes, yes but ive been around motors all my life so im familar to how they work and on top of that I am mechanically inclined so I know you have to run a mx bike like an mx bike. But the problem is the kill switch, diconnected it, and she fires up on one kick. plug isnt fouled, motor has good compression, fresh top end, really the only thng it needs is an air filter, this one is sticky for some reason

newb to dirtbikes, yes but ive been around motors all my life so im familar to how they work and on top of that I am mechanically inclined so I know you have to run a mx bike like an mx bike. But the problem is the kill switch, diconnected it, and she fires up on one kick. plug isnt fouled, motor has good compression, fresh top end, really the only thng it needs is an air filter, this one is sticky for some reason

The kill switch is sticky? Or the filter? Is that a joke?

The air filter of a dirt bike is oiled to make it sticky. If it has mud caked on it you will need to clean and reoil it. As for the bike not starting does it has a hot start choke and cold? Did you shut the fuel off after riding? There are many little things that can cause dirt bike issues in general.

Was bought from a dealership so the title is clear and in the mail(oh noes) and yeah but hitting gravel/grass is a lot more comfy the asphalt

A clear title for a dirt bike will not get you a license plate which is needed to ride Ohio State Park ORV trails. Unless you plan to ride on road it will be cheaper to get an ORV sticker which I think costs $25 for a year.