omg wow internet sucks

natedogg624

anybody else have wow and not have problems?

we have the highest package regarding internet, 15mb dl/ 2 mb up. this is ridiculous, i run speed tests all the time and the most we get is 8mb/s download on a wireless computer. this is when there are no other connections except the one running the test.

albeit we have 6 guys in the house with maybe 14 potential internet devices, but never all on at the same time. sometimes its great, other times its god awful. id rather it be consistent and slower than maybe fast and often slow.

we've had a tech out here at least 4 times to diag the system but of course by the time they get out here the system is back up to pique.

i think "wow" is just a reaction people get when customer realize how awful their internet is...

i dunno about internet better your ridding around campus sucks. I am pretty sure I have almost seen you nailed by a car on campus a few times. Non the less your bike sounds sick as hell and at least you have the balls to ride in shitty weather.

ps im not stalking you I just happen to drive around campus alot and seeing as how I get hard on for bikes I naturally want to ruffy you and steal your bike

i dunno about internet better your ridding around campus sucks. I am pretty sure I have almost seen you nailed by a car on campus a few times. Non the less your bike sounds sick as hell and at least you have the balls to ride in shitty weather.

ps im not stalking you I just happen to drive around campus alot and seeing as how I get hard on for bikes I naturally want to ruffy you and steal your bike

Wow! :bunnypancake:

I always heard good things about them, but I haven't heard anything from anyone that has WOW for a few years. They probably went downhill. Is their cable programming any better than Time Warner?

I had a similar problem. After a few service calls it was determined that the underground cable was faulty. Does it get worse in the rain, etc?

I've had WOW for a few years, no troubles with them to report. Not in your area though...

No, I don't have the turbo level of service, just the standard, ordinary, run of the mill service.

1039670352.png

Edited by Strictly Street

I've had WOW for about six years and only had one problem when we switched from AT&T phone service to WOW phone service. It turned out that the Linksys wireless B router we had was interfering with the WOW router. Bought a wireless G router and no more problem.

We use their cable and internet service too and haven't had any real issues. My biggest issue with WOW is my package price keeps going up when new customers keep getting great intro rates. I think I should be rewarded with a better rate for my longevity.

I've had Time Warner and Insight in the past and found their service sub par and their customer service to be atrocious. I recommend WOW to anyone that can get it in their area.

I have Time Warner Roadrunner Turbo and I experience issues way worse than yours. Apparently they just do a bad job of supporting customer load in my area; it runs "OK" in the off-hours and a technician has been out to verify that there is nothing wrong with my particular connection.

We use their cable and internet service too and haven't had any real issues. My biggest issue with WOW is my package price keeps going up when new customers keep getting great intro rates. I think I should be rewarded with a better rate for my longevity.

I've had Time Warner and Insight in the past and found their service sub par and their customer service to be atrocious. I recommend WOW to anyone that can get it in their area.

Same here. WOW is pretty good to me, better than time warner by far.

If you call them and tell them you found a better deal, they'll reduce your monthly fee. :) try it.. :)

I just ran it here at the office and got 2.5mbs dl and 4.08 ul. Looks like were using a company called PaeTec Communications, its pretty sad that its that slow on a Sunday with one person in the building.

the first part of that post doesn't make any sense... and if by sick you mean awesome then thanks! lol i've gotten a lot of compliments on the sound as well as the volume of it as well.

yes i do still ride white/black r6 with an unmistakeable rossi five continents replica. ive had too many close calls to count, and i'll ride as long as the roads are dry if its below freezing. if its above freezing i'll ride pending hurricane...

anyways here is my speedtest, this is with me being the only one on right now and we have 15d/2u package

1039731586.png

We had issues with slow speed at first. I called had two service calls before they fixed the issue. I run 15-20Kbps and WOW actually refunded the cost for running slow. The first service guy had no clue but the second guy who came to the house found the problem.

Also older routers can be a big issue.