Planned Winter Bike Work?

bigd

Just curious who's planning what during the layup period this year (for all of us who are warm blooded creatures)?

Maintenance, upgrades or otherwise.

I'm planning on doing a PCIII and some routine maintenance that I never get time to during the riding months.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure yet. I would like to accomplish getting the paint done on both bikes, a bunch of small stuff on the Hon-duh, fixing some coolant leaks, and a small exhaust leak, normal maintenance, chain cleaning, and lube, oil changes, etc... I would also like to get some new rotors (and brake pads) for the Hon-duh. On the too-fiddy, I might go ahead and replace the cam chain tensioner before it fails, otherwise It's good to go, other than maybe some fluid changes.

Suspension refreshed by reuben @ 35 motorsports

Open clutch cover

Carbon fiber goodies

Pc3

Ignition module

Quick shifter

Nichols lighten flywheel

Rear sets

Levers

Gear indicator

O ya and some how buy gear to ride on the track to. Man this ducati stuff is gonna get pricey:D

Edited by ducati guy

steering head bearings, front wheel bearings & possibly powdercoat the wheels on the 800

finish up on the vf500f

What color would you go with on the powdercoat? Matching the blue on your 800 would be pretty sick.

finish my CR80.

everything is purchased, new CR85 cylinder, piston and rings, bottom end is now completely put back together with a new crank and rod and bearings.

just have to put the side covers on and the cylinder and piston. then put on my new CR85 tank and plastics.

then work on my 89 ninja, rebuild all the calipers and order the stainless brake kit for it and mount all that!

and sell my 88 CR250R

The XR is going to get the smog eliminator kit, a new slip on pipe and possible some jetting work. New Brake pads front and back and maybe a new set of rubber...

The Kat is done. But I dont think it is going to sell until spring... Maybe if I get lucky.

If the neibor feels gitty, I might go ahead and try and figure the paint out...

The VTX, New set of pipes (possibly), Carbs getting cleaned up and having the jetting checked on them.

The biggie. If the Kat goes down the road. I plan on getting the RC51 I want immediately after and doing whatever work it needs instantly... :D

That would definately be the primary bike for next year!

Nothing this winter. I have everything on my bike that is the norm for upgrades. I wish I had the money to build my motor up or slap a turbo though. Just a new set of tires come spring. I already miss the rush of accelerating and hitting a good corner as well. :( 3.5 more months till next time.

Strip it all down. Get the frame and swingarm powdercoated black. Send the forks off to have them reworked. Replace the rear shock. Get all the bodywork (incl tank) painted as blinding of a white as I can, and have the wheels powdercoated to an equally blinding orange (saw pics of a newer GSXR here on the site like this, and loved the simplicity of it). New top ends on both cylinders.

On the other hand, I planned on doing all of this last winter, as well. And the winter before. Truth is, I was too lazy to take the battery out and put it on the charger.

But this winter will be different. Seriously.

On the other hand, I planned on doing all of this last winter, as well. And the winter before. Truth is, I was too lazy to take the battery out and put it on the charger.

But this winter will be different. Seriously.

Dude just start the rebuild so you have no choice but to have it done before you can ride next year.

GPR stabilizer, swingarm extensions, new chain and sprockets, braided brake and clutch lines, repack my 2bros pipes, replace rear spring with busa spring, smoked turn signals and tail light, put smoke windscreen back on, new brake pads, check valve clearance, send stock seat out to http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I think that's about it