What's up with loud exhausts?

sporttour

I think Harley's and other big twins sound good with loud pipes at idle.

Triples just have a sound of there own.

Personally inline 4's sound killer under hard acceleration till about 10 grand. Especially going thru a tunnel.

And my number 1 bike with an exhaust is a RC51. Man those thing sound good.

Ummm before you guys start making assumptions and painting everyone with the same brush,I'll let you on a little secret.I never once said I like loud but I guess because I own a Harley you assume I do? We're all riders but the superiority complex of some is staggering.

Not all Harley riders (just as all Rice burner riders) rev the snot out of their bikes to impress themselves or annoy others.

FWIW my ride has Kerker True Duals with full baffles.

I've owned all manner of motorcycles in my 50 yrs on this planet and the Harley is the closest I've come to being one with the bike.

I guess I'll go back to being a lurker since it's obvious no one who rides a Harley will make you guys think otherwise.

Ummm before you guys start making assumptions and painting everyone with the same brush,I'll let you on a little secret.I never once said I like loud but I guess because I own a Harley you assume I do? We're all riders but the superiority complex of some is staggering.

Not all Harley riders (just as all Rice burner riders) rev the snot out of their bikes to impress themselves or annoy others.

FWIW my ride has Kerker True Duals with full baffles.

I've owned all manner of motorcycles in my 50 yrs on this planet and the Harley is the closest I've come to being one with the bike.

I guess I'll go back to being a lurker since it's obvious no one who rides a Harley will make you guys think otherwise.

Easy son - you just said that it was music to your ears and I said it was painful to mine.

No more or less than that - two different opinions.

even quiet harleys sound like dick to me.... they sound like theyre constantly misfiring and on their last leg...only harley could take a twin cylinder and make it sound like a sickly single cylinder

brap brap brap brap brap pop pop pop pop fart fart fart fart fart

never a smooth easy tone, its just popping and crackling noise

harleys are like those new sunchips bags.