Woman Gets 3 Speeding Tickets In About An Hour

eggs

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio — Police said a northeast Ohio woman was stopped for speeding three times in the span of about an hour over the weekend.

Sheffield Village police Chief Larry Bliss told several news outlets that Amy Bobkovich, 38, of Lorain, was first stopped Saturday at about 11:40 p.m., going 55 mph in a 35 mph zone, and was stopped by another officer 10 minutes later for going 55 mph on the same road. He said a third officer clocked her at 51 mph in another 35 mph zone 53 minutes after the second stop.

Officers said Bobkovich was polite and cooperative and that she said she just wasn't paying attention.

Bliss says she hadn't had a traffic violation in six or seven years.

A Lorain phone listing for an Amy Bobkovich rang disconnected on Tuesday. :nono:

There's not really enough information there to really get an idea of what was up, other than I would think that after the first, or maybe even the second time of being pulled over that she would have started to pay attention to her speed!

Interesting information to know would be the type of road, whether it's multi-lane, etc... if it was multi-lane was she passing other traffic, is there some reason that her vehicle stood out, such as "bling" unique damage, etc...

I don't know which bothers me more. The fact that she was speeding immediately after getting each ticket, or the fact that there were three police officers clocking the same stretch of road so closely together.

like shitty said, its a very high traffic and high ticketed road and if I'm not mistaken the police station is on it or on a side street right off the road so I'm not shocked

There's not really enough information there to really get an idea of what was up, other than I would think that after the first, or maybe even the second time of being pulled over that she would have started to pay attention to her speed!

Interesting information to know would be the type of road, whether it's multi-lane, etc... if it was multi-lane was she passing other traffic, is there some reason that her vehicle stood out, such as "bling" unique damage, etc...

I wish I was paying more attention to the news the other night when this came on. If i get bored I'll try to find the news clip that has the dash cam recordings as well as more information

I bet it was on east river road and west river road. My mom used to work for the state auditor and that was the most ticketed road in the county

I think you are right, but I'm not 100% sure

I don't know which bothers me more. The fact that she was speeding immediately after getting each ticket, or the fact that there were three police officers clocking the same stretch of road so closely together.

I'm going with the same stretch of road so closely together. Tax dollar efficiency at its best.....

I read this the other day and was surprised it wasn't in N Ridgeville. I know I'm good in Elyria -- cops here have more pressing matters than traffic.

Woman Life Flighted, boyfriend arrested after crash, possible stabbing

I go running in that neighborhood sometimes.

If I were in that neighborhood I would run, but I wouldn't go running there

Damn, right in my own back yard! I know a number of Sheffield Village/Lake cops. There's are a number of major roads that are 35mph. Those would be East River, French Creek, Lake Breeze and Harris. Oh and N. Abbe between Rt 2 and Detroit. The S.V.P.D. is on the corner of East River and Colorado.

Sucks to be her, good thing is she can get them all taken care of in the same day.

I bet it was on east river road and west river road. My mom used to work for the state auditor and that was the most ticketed road in the county

is it of those roads thats 4 lanes on each side and the speed limit should be 50, but they keep the speed limit artifically low at 35 so they can raise revenue is it?

is it of those roads thats 4 lanes on each side and the speed limit should be 50, but they keep the speed limit artifically low at 35 so they can raise revenue is it?

There is a pretty short part of Detroit that is 4 lanes and 35 but it's very busy since it intersects Rt. 2. And from Detroit down to LCCC it's 4 lanes and 35, again not a very long piece. Not a typical place I see people getting pulled except for those occasions in the summer and the loud bikes are leaving QSL.