Bad324

Which one?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Red/Black
    • Phoenix Edition
    • hookers and blow theme
    • Green Hornet

I'm stuck in a conundrum of the next bike and have it narrowed down to 2 now.

Both are stock 09's with around 2500 miles. The red is slightly cheaper than the white but also twice the distance to go pick up. What would you do?

2009CBR600RR.jpg

CBR600A.jpg

Everybody has a red one. But not everyone likes the graphics on the white one.

I would get the best bike, regardless of the distance or price.

Either could be changed up with new plastics if need be.

Tanks are expensive, but can be covered up.

I like the extra blacked out parts on the white one.

JRM, well JRM wants to play 20 questions, and I don't have 20 answers.

So I'm out... heh

If I give you the answer, will you take my advice and pick that bike? Or, in the end, are you just going to buy the bike that you like? -- everyone else's opinion be damned

i like both of them and thats my conundrum because both have their perks. The Phoenix is only 2hrs away and its not something you see all the time and I wouldn't have to powdercoat the rearsets black. The red is 4-5hrs away and is a $500 cheaper. The $500 is the part thats killing me because thats a lot more parts I could order off the bat. Granted at the price he is stuck at its still 1k under book so its still a decent deal

People are always good at chiming in with things I never even thought to consider so I wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone has one of these gems

Edited by Bad324

white one for sure....try to haggle him down $500 if thats a deciding factor....but the white looks a lot better than a boring red one like every other honda on the road

I have been trying for a couple weeks now working on this guy and I thought today I had him about to come down today even $200 but balked. So I just left it with I have x amount in cash and if you want it I'll come buy the bike this weekend

I would look for a black one white is ghey. Red is like every other honda out there.

I already have an all black honda :D

Quit buying Hondas. :p

if they wouldn't have uglified the front end of the zx6r that could've been in the running, I did like my 636. The plan is to hold on to this one as opposed to flipping it and keep the vfr til the new ninja1000 is cheap :)

Either could be changed up with new plastics if need be.

Tanks are expensive, but can be covered up.

"Tank" is a plastic cover.

Base your decision on condition vs actual cost (price+travel).

P.S. Extra blacked-out parts are nice but those will all come off anyway when you make it a track whore. :D

Edited by brn6604

I love white bikes...alot better than the black ones. Black bikes are sooooo 3 centuries ago.

But that phoenix graphic is hideous. Id go with red.

Have you inspected both bikes? Heard them both run? Which owner seems more like a squid thats ragged the fuck out his bike and less likely to have broken in the bike properly? Do they both have liens?

WTH is wrong with those brown looking calipers on the red bike? Go with hookers and blow.

I voted white, but after thinking about it between Cincinnati and home, go with the red. How many hours did you work to earn that $500 (rhetorical)? Are those 15-40 hours of your life worth white? Both bikes are tits so good luck!

If the chicken decals can be peeled off the bodywork on the white one, then I'd go for that from an aesthetics standpoint. But my gut would be to get the red, make the trip, save the $500 (less gas for the trip) and put that into the bike. Plus, if you are smart and make the thing a track bike ( :D ) then who cares about the color and get the one that leaves the most $$$ left in your budget.