New Buell

grapesmuggler27

Facebook post is saying 185rwp, 95ft/lbs torque, and 363 lbs (165kg.)

That is something that makes my former Buell owning, and Aprilia riding twin loving heart skip a beat. For ten minutes straight. Daughter's college fund.... Hmmmm....:(

• Upvote 1

im giggling like a little girl with excitment at the thought of seeing one on the road soon. anyone seen a price yet?

the 1190 as a race bike was selling for 45K so hopefully much lower. I just want the bodywork conversion, hopefully they give out some details at the dealer show this weekend.

the 1190 as a race bike was selling for 45K so hopefully much lower. I just want the bodywork conversion, hopefully they give out some details at the dealer show this weekend.

http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle...s_-_first_look

EBR has scheduled a production run of 100 1190RSs, with exact pricing to be determined shortly. Be assured that the standard 1190RS won’t be any less expensive than was a Ducati 1098R, and the Carbon Edition will be more expensive yet.

Those are some weird comment from uber-engineer Erik Buell. Don't have alot of specific details? It feels lighter when pushing it? :wtf:

Brilliant!

I'll have to re-read that part of the article, but I thought it was someone else saying it felt lighter when pushing it. Like the author had helped set up their booth or something...

I'm sure Erik KNOWS the numbers; he's just not willing to put something out there without EPA regulations testing done.

Remember when Yamaha claimed 17,500 RPM readline for the R6 and it ended up being a bit lower than that? Same thing would happen if Erik said, "185 whp and 370 lbs." and then the EPA managed to force the addition of some restriction device that weighs 15 lbs and costs 15hp...

I think he's just keeping his mouth shut until the PRODUCTION bike is ready to speak for itself.

what i honestly find most surprising is that they're sticking with the perimeter mounted single front-brake disk... That will never look right to me, and i have to believe that we'd see it in MotoGP if it were actually any better.

what i honestly find most surprising is that they're sticking with the perimeter mounted single front-brake disk... That will never look right to me, and i have to believe that we'd see it in MotoGP if it were actually any better.

Erik is super-pumped on his patented ZTL brakes, fuel-in-frame, and underslung exhaust. To build a bike without ony of these would be heresy.

The DSB 1125R on http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1125R/ is $15,900. I'd expect them to have a street bike in that price range.

Not this bike!!!

This is the carbon fiber high zoot version that is going to be priced like a Bimoto or special edition Duc. I expect $30k+.

Though I would expect that EB wants to bring a $15-20k bike to market soon but I think he's being smart by starting with a high priced special edition model where they can afford to inspect every detail on each unit before shipping and still make money. Once the bugs in the manufacturing process are worked and and things are streamlined a little better then a reasonably priced model can be introduced with more cost effective components.

Craig