OK got my SuperHawk... Got some questions

Beegreenstrings

OK Picked the bike up and brought it home. Rode it for about 10 miles on Sunday. It's a beast, but hell most bikes are when you come from a kat 600 to a 996 or anything for that matter. Anyway, The pipes are a little louder than I actually expected. If you are cruising along I would think you would be fine, but coming through downtown Zanesville at 6:30AM in the morning could be a invitation to a ticket.

My question, Does anyone know if I can get the Corigated/perferated steels used on the inside of Yoshi RS3 Comp exhaust? I would feel better if the steels were back in the mufflers with new packing... At the moment they are completely un-corked. The rumble is awesome! The fit finish and look is unbelievable but the sound is rival if not higher decibels than my equal length cobras on the VTX?

3 things I am worried about!

1) doing harm to the engine

2) getting the ticket for the exhaust then it would be something the cops are looking for

3) Goes with (1) running too lean and eating the motor up over time.

Not sure on the Yoshi. baffles, my SV is very loud with the 2 Bros., I too will be finding a way to silence them a bit, fortunately for me 2 Bros. offers a baffle for mine, a bit pricey for two in my opinion though.

if it were me, i would be more concerned with swapping the forks and triples with a 954. the stock forks on that bike are not meant for aggressive riders.

i have a buddy that just did the swap on his. here is a link for the fork swap

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?8547-Front-Fork-Swap-Project-in-Progress...

Edited by jonni black

The Twins are NOT to be silenced :villagers:
This x1k. Ask JRMMiii abour my RC w/the CF Two Bros glasspacks on them. I rode my twin like that for two seasons and had nary a second look from any town steward, and North Ridgetucky has some (allegedly) fun sucking LEOs. (Personally, my bike experience with them has been the exact opposite. They did me well when I had my accident.) But welcome to the world of loud n' proud twins. Muffling that superchicken is aking to getting your wife a tit job then asking her to wear a choir robe all the time. No, you wanna see her in babydoll tops and tanks.
  • Upvote 1

I really think you should hear it first... I have a VTX1300 that has been modded heavily and has equal length Cobras on it... They idle at the same decibel, but the VTX has a mellow sound out on the road, where as the Superchicken has a Top fuel dragster rumble to it as it heads down the track... It is impressive dont get me wrong!

and I am in love, "as if the fiance had a tit job on top of the already awesome rack she has already"!

My question, Does anyone know if I can get the Corigated/perferated steels used on the inside of Yoshi RS3 Comp exhaust? I would feel better if the steels were back in the mufflers with new packing... At the moment they are completely un-corked.

You're saying someone actually removed the perforated tube and packing from a straight-thru muffler, so it is now a hollow, empty can? That is the dumbest thing I ever heard, and it has to sound like ass... :nono:

Actually sounds pretty good. :dunno:

I looked some vids up on Youtube, of different pipes and yoshi installs. Found a few that were interesting and then found this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K02oIPBGjc

Mine sounds tons better than this and does not breath fire out the back... :nono:

But yes the fool felt the urge to completely pull the exhuast apart, pull the steels and packing out and put them back together. Again I have no idea why :dunno: but I could not pass the bike up. So I am back to the idea of the post, can I get those center steels? I have a abundance of packing from my dirt bike days.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

First, no baffle tubes is stupid and harmful. Second, the tool bag in the YouTube vid is a moron for blasting the throttle for the camera.

What you really need to do is get the baffle tubes - easily ordered via a dealership that can get them from Yosh direct or a supplier like PU or TR...

Second, BUY QUALITY PACKING MATERIAL! Too many junk exhausts like Two Bros, etc are run to the point the packing gets blown out and they are running with not enough packing material. This material is also key in the bike running well. Plus, you don't sound like a straight pipe squid on an HD...

Straight un baffled exhausts are annoying and do absolutely nothing for your bike.

Ah come on now... I love the sound, I just do need the ticket master and his happy ass pen following me around through zanesville. Like I said when I head down 6th street to work it would sound about like the opening seen of "I am legend", when he comes through town in the gt500.

i dont care either way but it just makes no since to have it completely un-corked like that.

Will it hurt the motor? If so, they are going back in, or something is. If not then so be it.

Mobil1 Vtwin 20w50 full synth for the SV.

I run the Mobil 4T 10w40 in my I-4.

Though I think last time I got a deal on 10w40 so I just ran it across the board. Either one won't hurt since yours is liquid cooled. The 20w50 is supposed to be better on air-cooled vtwins (ala Harley). Bottom line if it's JASO MA2 certified... it's fine.

OK, despite what some may think. I just got off the phone from Yoshi. and the parts to put them back to stock are on the way! :D I am happier now! I love the sound of the bike reguardless. But, do not want to damage it just to hear it like this. I like this bike way too much.

OK, despite what some may think. I just got off the phone from Yoshi. and the parts to put them back to stock are on the way! :D I am happier now! I love the sound of the bike reguardless. But, do not want to damage it just to hear it like this. I like this bike way too much.

Sweet. RC51 is one of my favorite sounds, and I almost bought a Superhawk because of this. It will sound great with properly packed straight-thru mufflers, and will take the annoying rasp off that I'm sure you have now. I bet performance and throttle repsonse will be improved also, as a tightly packed perf tube is pretty much a straight pipe as far as exhaust flow is concerned, and what you have now is just a mess.

congrats! check out superhawkforum.com lots of good info...get the forks rebuilt or replaced, upgrade the front calipers to some gsxr 6 pots or some f4i's and add some vfr clips ons for an even more comfy ride. i love the hell out of mine. i have a remus ti exhaust that i chopped 8 or so inches off of 4 years ago bc it was to quiet. she barks when you're on it but otherwise is just a nice burble.