Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - April 16 2011

jbot

Talked to todd today shortly, his farther had a stroke this weekend and has been taking care of that so he was unable to give me a count on the total registrations. However he did say if he remembers from emails and contacts before he says it is getting close to being full, so don't wait till the day of and expect to get in. Hope that helps guys. Thanks

So far we have the following people confirmed:

Novice Group:

mykill

standout

grapesmuggler27

ohdaho

rubbersidedown

AfroCBR

BMMW

Wendi - Jr's gf

Intermediate/Race School:

TRMN8TR (Race School)

2wheeler (Intermediate)

Advance Group:

SJC 100rr

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

pending:

Isaac's Papa

hutch - will wait til it's closer - (Novice or Intermediate)

rslocum - a firm maybe (novice)

redkow - let me see what the weather's like in April. (Intermediate or Advance)

Dubguy85 - Waiting on weather (Advance)

TwiztedRabbit x2 - Waiting on weather (Intermediate)

Also for those of you that are coming, as far as lunch if you do not bring your own stuff their is a small concession stand available. Bring cash though as they do not have a credit card machine. Here is a link to their new menu for this year.

http://www.motoseries.com/forms/concession_nlrc_2011.pdf

Lastly, I have talked to Marty (the photographer for the weekend) and since we have a decent size group of us going we are going to try and get a group picture during lunch.

added keenster (IP's cousin) and removed pauly cause he is going to beaver later in the year instead. also added mojocho for "maybe"

Novice Group:

mykill

standout

grapesmuggler27

ohdaho

rubbersidedown

AfroCBR

BMMW

Wendi - Jr's gf

keenster

TRMN8TR (Race School)

2wheeler (Intermediate)

Advance Group:

SJC 100rr

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

pending:

Mojocho - depending on schedule (Intermediate/Open)

it's gonna be a great time! if you guys haven't already figured out ride shares (if at all) now would probably be a good time. I know keenster is looking to hop on with someone, and he's from the tallmadge area. Anyone else looking to hook up with someone that might be driving from or through their area, start posting up your locations and do some PM'ing. Sharing a trailer and car will help cut down on costs significantly, especially if you're driving a few hours.

tips for newbies: if you want a list of recommended things to bring (emphasis on "recommended") here is the link to the trackday checklist.

keep in mind a some of those items are things people can share and many are already bringing. we should make an effort to pit together so we can share resources and for shits and giggles.

Edited by APCh8r

BMMW here … in Highland Heights … able to help out with pre-track day bike prep, or tire changes. I’ve been wrenching for years, and this will be my 1st track day. Looking forward to meeting some Ohio Riders.

that's the spirit!

i'm in lake county (about 20-30 min NE of cleveland) and would be happy to help with looking over your bike to make sure it'll pass tech and and help you tape up your lights, remove plate, mirrors, etc.

i'd help trailer your bike, but my pos trailer can only take 2 bikes and I'm taking 2 down. send me a PM and i'll be happy to answer any questions too.

added keenster (IP's cousin) and removed pauly cause he is going to beaver later in the year instead. also added mojocho for "maybe"

Novice Group:

mykill

standout

grapesmuggler27

ohdaho

rubbersidedown

AfroCBR

BMMW

Wendi - Jr's gf

keenster

TRMN8TR (Race School)

2wheeler (Intermediate)

Advance Group:

SJC 100rr

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

pending:

it's gonna be a great time! if you guys haven't already figured out ride shares (if at all) now would probably be a good time. I know keenster is looking to hop on with someone, and he's from the tallmadge area. Anyone else looking to hook up with someone that might be driving from or through their area, start posting up your locations and do some PM'ing. Sharing a trailer and car will help cut down on costs significantly, especially if you're driving a few hours.

tips for newbies: if you want a list of recommended things to bring (emphasis on "recommended") here is the link to the trackday checklist.

keep in mind a some of those items are things people can share and many are already bringing. we should make an effort to pit together so we can share resources and for shits and giggles.

Weather is looking decent.. If my daughters memorial isn't on the same day I'm in.. Waiting to here back from the hospital.

Novice Group:

mykill

standout

grapesmuggler27

ohdaho

rubbersidedown

AfroCBR

BMMW

Wendi - Jr's gf

keenster

TRMN8TR (Race School)

2wheeler (Intermediate)

Advance Group:

SJC 100rr

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

pending:

TwiztedRabbit - Strong yes, Waiting on weather (Intermediate)

TwiztedRRgirl - Strong yes, Waiting on weather (Intermediate)

getting super excited. weather forecast is looking in our favor as well.

Your going to make a hell of a weatherman.

So at what looks to be 50-55 degrees saturday and maybe rain is my one piece going to be warm enough or should I bring thermals for underneath? It's only 20 minute sessions so shouldn't get too cold right?

Your going to make a hell of a weatherman.

So at what looks to be 50-55 degrees saturday and maybe rain is my one piece going to be warm enough or should I bring thermals for underneath? It's only 20 minute sessions so shouldn't get too cold right?

Bring as much as you can. Just remember the morning sessions will be colder.