Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - April 16 2011

jbot

you don't want others to see your brake light. it's annoyingly distracting at 140mph on hte back straight. Pull the fuses, or the bulbs if you can. The tape is there to keep the lenses from shattering all over if you crash, but blocking out the lights is a secondary purpose for sure.

taping up the OEM signals is fine. Last time I ride with MotoSeries on a street bike (in 2008), they asked that i remove my license plate as well.

Should it become detached, it's like a giant razor blade. Remove it if you can.

2 things.

1. Do I need to disconnect my headlight/tail light?

2. Just taping my OEM signals is ok? They stick out...not far but ???

Yes disconnect the connection. Yes you can tape the signals. If you can't figure things out we can help you tonight.

Are you guys going to meet us at Iron Pony?

you don't want others to see your brake light. it's annoyingly distracting at 140mph on hte back straight. Pull the fuses, or the bulbs if you can. The tape is there to keep the lenses from shattering all over if you crash, but blocking out the lights is a secondary purpose for sure.

taping up the OEM signals is fine. Last time I ride with MotoSeries on a street bike (in 2008), they asked that i remove my license plate as well.

Should it become detached, it's like a giant razor blade. Remove it if you can.

I don't think we wil be 140 mph this weekend

2 things.

1. Do I need to disconnect my headlight/tail light?

2. Just taping my OEM signals is ok? They stick out...not far but ???

My R6 has one fuse that runs the headlight and tail light, its mush easier than disconnecting or pulling bulbs. Your CBR may be the same it is worth looking into!

CBR'S are simple. Unplug heading connectors at the bulb and remove passenger rearseat to locate the taillight connector and unplug it. Same for turn signals if you wanted...but i just left mine on and taped them up back in the day.

Excellent you can show me in the morning. :bow:

here for the 600rr riders that are unsure... this is off my wifes 600rr and we have to unclip the same stuff swaping to our track fairings so.. enjoy

IMG_1213.jpg

Headlight assembly from the right side.. see the clip directly in the middle.. pull it out.. same on the other side.. then done.. they are very tight! it will take a bit to pull it off so just be careful i personally wouldnt try to wedge them off just pull

IMG_1217.jpg

this is the underside left of the tail.. you may not need to unclip these.. it is for the turn signals.note the two colors and the white.. unclip the white one that is the tail

IMG_1218.jpg

this is the white clip! ours is int he location because of intergrated taillight(pulled out to show)