Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

So should we as OR rent a track for a day...discuss!

No, too much liability and hassle, that is why it has been stated many many times we just pick events as a whole to go to with an organization that is already established. That way they take care of the ambulance, medical staff, insurance, etc.

Im sure as a group we all could. I know we could rent out national trails, and i could set up a tournament :p or something.

Would have to do dial in times which is fricken lame lol.

If you want to do that Columbus Racing already has events they do with test and tune that you can go to.

The only straights I will be running will have one hell of a turn at the end.

Yea i know its lame. Id prefer a track day, just saying ive set up something there before.

Is there going to be any suspension guys at the track? Ive got a Penske triple I need setup.

No set suspension tech on hand, but sometimes there are some of the racers that can help you. You could also email Traxxion Dynamics with what spring you have on the shock, the shock model, your weight, tire brand and compound, etc. and they can give you some info for a baseline.

Unless you're going to do a lot of riding at Nelson, i wouldn't use that track as a place to get a "baseline" setting anyway... Nothing else is going to be that bumpy, so you'll end up 'off' at every other track.

I guess what Im looking for is just a general setup (instead of track-specific) since I dont have a track-dedicated bike. Ive had the stock setup but just recently bought a penske triple and a new spring, so would need the shock and forks setup.

ohdaho, it sounds like you just need the suspension sag set for your weight. if you can be at the track early in the day, ask around at the tech shed for them to help you with that, and they will. if you have any fancy tools for your suspension, bring it with you.

if the tech shed people can't help, we'll help you or find someone else who can. obviously, if you can get it done before the track day, that'll be less stress for you, but don't go paying a bunch of money for it... it shouldn't cost more than $50-100 to get the suspension sag set. i think at my first track day at Mid ohio, department of suspension did it for $50.

you'll have to excuse me, i used up all our remaining weather luck at grattan end of april/beginning of may. it was supposed to be shit weather on sunday and it turned out to be beautiful. my bad.