Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

No problem. I have a couple bags of chips to go with the steaks. I was just keeping it simple. So I think we're good.

What time does the gates open in the morning? I might try and get a spot in the vicinity of Craig.

Open at 6, I should have a few spots blocked off.

If anyone is interested in some monster energy drink decals lt me know I have a lot of sheets with assorted stickers

off-topic, but careful with slapping stickers on your bike around the racer crowd. Trackday folks don't seem to care, but a handful of the racers you'll encounter really hate it when people advertise for free. It makes it harder for them to get real (paying) sponsorships.

And they've got a valid point, to some extent. Why should Vortex pay race contingency if every trackday rider is running their stickers anyway?

I hope the storms come through fast and early. With any luck, you'll have a dry race line for the afternoon.

off-topic, but careful with slapping stickers on your bike around the racer crowd. Trackday folks don't seem to care, but a handful of the racers you'll encounter really hate it when people advertise for free. It makes it harder for them to get real (paying) sponsorships.

And they've got a valid point, to some extent. Why should Vortex pay race contingency if every trackday rider is running their stickers anyway?

I hope the storms come through fast and early. With any luck, you'll have a dry race line for the afternoon.

This is why I hate being a rookie...on the same point my buddy owns a drive thru and I get free monsters through him all the time...so in a way it is kinda a sponsorship lol saves me money on drinks to go towards racin...win

So I take it your not making it out?

Class at from 8-1:10 tomorrow :( Would have gotten "sick" after lunch and tried to sneak down this afternoon for evening practice, but that looks like a total waste of time and faked sickness with the weather forecast.

Well I am signed up for the trackday and paid up. I called Todd last night and he called me back this morning and told me that there were still spots available for the instructional group. He told me that he thinks that the rain is a good learning tool because you will focus on the handeling of the bike which is what some of you guys had said. Now to get everything around tonight

i'm guessing blue0621433654352, apch8r, trmn8tr, rslocum and I will be trying to pit in the same area we were last time. for those who haven't been before, that is, once you get into the infield area where everyone is parked, go left and we'll be along the pit road.

we don't have to pit right next to each other or anything, but we can try. just enough to complete the circle.

i'm guessing blue0621433654352, apch8r, trmn8tr, rslocum and I will be trying to pit in the same area we were last time. for those who haven't been before, that is, once you get into the infield area where everyone is parked, go left and we'll be along the pit road.

we don't have to pit right next to each other or anything, but we can try. just enough to complete the circle jerk where I'm the pivot man.

Fixed!

Craig said the non mud sections of the parking area is a cluster, so it might be crowded. We will just have to try to pit together, but we'll more than likely be spread out.

Well I don't know what the hell to do my bike fell off the fucking ramp while loading it and snapped thethe left peg off and bent the shifted in more and some cosmetic shot but my plastics were already scraped up and my tail light is busted. I already paid for the track day so I guess I now have a fucked up bike and am out $150

Well I don't know what the hell to do my bike fell off the fucking ramp while loading it and snapped thethe left peg off and bent the shifted in more and some cosmetic shot but my plastics were already scraped up and my tail light is busted. I already paid for the track day so I guess I now have a fucked up bike and am out $150

You should get the bike in the truck and go. It's already fucked up and you paid $150, somebody might have a peg that will fit.

The whole peg mount actually snapped off, I would still be coming if it was just the peg itself.

That makes it tougher but there is still a chance. I guess it depends on whether or not it's worth the gas money when you might end up just hanging out. No idea where North Baltimore is...

I see at least 3 guys in this thread with 03-06 600rrs - just get there early and steal one of theirs before they wake up. :D