Two people stabbed to death at VIP in Hilliard

Casper

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar/07/4/2-fatally-stabbed-2-wounded-during-hilliard-bar-fi-ar-416070/

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/03/07/story-hilliard-stabbing-deaths-vip-lounge.html?sid=102

:nono:

This is why concealed carry should be legal in bars. If ONE person had been armed other than the criminal, the outcome would've been much different.

I dont disarm in a bar, dont care. I'll face a jury of my peers anyday for a justified shooting.

I follow all rules at all times because rules make us safe. These senseless killings could have been avoided if there had been a "no knives" sign posted on the door.

I follow all rules at all times because rules make us safe. These senseless killings could have been avoided if there had been a "no knives" sign posted on the door.

There probably was, and the honest, law-abiding citizens followed the rules.

There probably was, and the honest, law-abiding citizens followed the rules.

how do we know that anyone involved was an honest law abiding citizen?

for all we know it was three drug dealers.

this. I was told by a Columbus Swat trainer to never disarm. Carry it everywhere.

did you ask him if he'd arrest you for it too? :rolleyes:

I don't personally know any of them, but the injured guy is a friend of a friend. I haven't seen any indication that he was a bad guy, and he was trying to help out.

did you ask him if he'd arrest you for it too? :rolleyes:

Good question. I'd like to know!

Good question. I'd like to know!

i think we already know the answer.

do you honeslty think a cop is going to let someone illegally carrying a firearm just go free?

:lol: bar full of pussies couldn't stop a single guy with a knife from stabbing/cutting 4 people and you guys think someone becomes a super hero with a gun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fight was between two people. One guy pulls out a knife and stabs the other. The others were trying to stop the guy. They got stabbed trying to save people from getting stabbed.

You'd probably be one of the people running away, yet laugh and call those who did something about what was going on "pussies".

And yes, a gun would've made a world of difference.

Same as was said above, Tom Cline is a friend of a friend. He's one of the guys who got stabbed trying to help subdue the guy with the knife. Ended up being one of the lucky one's, he's alive.

Read before you type next time. The fight was between two people. One guy pulls out a knife and stabs him. The others were trying to stop the guy. They got stabbed.

You'd probably be one of the people running away, yet laugh and call those who did something about what was going on "pussies".

Except that some of us have actually trained in actual self defense including in dealing with things like disarming an attacker with a knife. Why? because there are people with a realistic view of defense and self defense and would rather not be a victim. We would also like to be able to stand a realistic chance at also protecting those around us.

I did read it. Like I said they couldn't stop one guy from stabbing/cutting 4 people. Doesn't matter if they were trying to stop him or the intended targets. One guy injured 4 people...

You just keep thinking that having a gun would have magically stopped this and other situations like it. Some sort of magical clean shot would have appeared at the right time. Whatever...

Except that some of us have actually trained in actual self defense including in dealing with things like disarming an attacker with a knife. Why? because there are people with a realistic view of defense and self defense and would rather not be a victim. We would also like to be able to stand a realistic chance at also protecting those around us.

I did read it. Like I said they couldn't stop one guy from stabbing/cutting 4 people. Doesn't matter if they were trying to stop him or the intended targets. One guy injured 4 people...

You just keep thinking that having a gun would have magically stopped this and other situations like it. Some sort of magical clean shot would have appeared at the right time. Whatever...

And you just keep thinking that you yourself with your self defense training could've magically stopped this and other situations like it. Some sort of magical maneuver that you and nobody else at the bar knew that just would've taken him right down.

We can just agree to disagree here.

And you just keep thinking that you yourself with your self defense training could've magically stopped this and other situations like it. Some sort of magical maneuver that you and nobody else at the bar knew that just would've taken him right down.

We can just agree to disagree here.

I didn't say it could have, but anyone who as trained any serious defense training (Krav Maga is one of the most popular) against knife attacks stands a reasonable chance to disarm most attackers especially if they aren't the target. It's not as difficult as someone thinks especially if you're practiced.

You go ahead and pull that trigger in a room full of people though.

I didn't say it could have, but anyone who as trained any serious defense training (Krav Maga is one of the most popular) against knife attacks stands a reasonable chance to disarm most attackers especially if they aren't the target. It's not as difficult as someone thinks especially if you're practiced.

You go ahead and pull that trigger in a room full of people though.

Like I said, we can just agree to disagree.

Way to cut and run...

:lol:

Really? You're just trolling at this point. I'll feed the troll.

Go get jumped at a bar by someone with a knife. Be sure to videotape it for us. I want to see how you do so much better in a real life situation versus a guy with a knife. Come on Chuck Norris. Hell, I'll even go with you. I'll do the videotaping. And don't worry, I won't jump in and ruin it for you and have your back. I know you'll be all good with your self defense training.

Truth is, nobody knows whether they could've done any better or worse. But I'd bet money on the guy with a gun over the guy with a knife any day. As for the guy without any weapons against the guy with a knife, well you better know something the general public doesn't or you're fucked. God forbid he's had the same self defense training you've had.

None of you guys would have done shit, gun or no gun, because you have enough sense not to go to a thug bar on a sunday night.

I used to hang out there all the time. I wouldn't call it a thug bar. It has gone downhill a bit since I lived over there, but still isn't bad.